PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SW Wyoming

Wes
03-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I just got around to registering here. Have looked in on occasion and got the itch to start casting. I have a bunch of Marlin rifles and am trying to get going on my 444 XLR in particular, and as time goes by it'll be for the 35 Rem and 45-70 and the 32-20. But for now it's the 444 XLR.
Tried to get in on the group buy on a 2 cav 300 grain mold. Have it ordered but it won't show up on the invoice. Who do I talk to so I can get it straightened out? (That's the first of many questions I will fire at you guys to be sure)
Some very good reading on here, and I'm excited to get going on the casting.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
03-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Welcome aboard!

I am also new here, but an easy bunch to like and willing to share info.

Also if you haven't checked them out, the Marlinowners forum is a good place for your Marlin questions.

Lots of casters over there, and a lot of .444 owners/lovers.

I have been haunting/posting/commenting/asking on these forums as I prepared to get a 45/70 for hunting.

Lots of good and knowledgable folk here, just ask and someone will hop on to help.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

jmsj
03-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Wes,
Welcome. I am still new to casting also. This site has been the most informative site that I have ever seen. Also check out Glen Fryxell's articles @ lasc.us These helpeed me out alot on figuring things out.
20+ years ago I spent about a year in the Evanston, Fort Bridger and Kemer area. Some of the nicest people I've ever met. jmsj

LAH
03-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the board................Creeker

Wes
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Small world jmsj, I ranch about 10 miles from Ft. Bridger, closer to the Uinta's nearer Robertson.
I'll check out those articles.

dk17hmr
03-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Im in Rock Springs....welcome to the forum

Im happy to help ya out if you need a hands on demo...all my casting gear is still in Michigan though

HeavyMetal
03-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Wes:
Welcome aboard!

About your invoice questin, I suggest you PM, that's private message, the honcho for your particular group buy, AKA GB, and ask him for assistance.

To send a PM just click on the honcho's avatar and a drop down screen will come up go to private message and take off frm there.

Greenhorn44
03-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Welcome wes. Join us addicts!!!
Nothing like a hot pot of silver sunshine

wistlepig1
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Welcome Wes, you will find a lot of help here. As stated by others Glen Fryxell's articles @ lasc.us helped me a lot.

Wes
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks all of you for the welcome.

dk17hmr, I may take you up on that when I get my stuff together. Only an hour or so from Rock Springs. My wife was just there today getting a washing machine. For the time being my casting is going to be a 'minimalist' adventure, but I sure do want to get that 444 shooting my own cast stuff.