PDA

View Full Version : Dia. and length of sizing dia.

PacMan
03-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Hey guys i am just starting to get into casting.I olan to retire in about nine months and will have time to do some of the things i have been putting off.

Any way i have some RCBS dies on order but until they arrive i was wondering if one of you guys could give me a measurnment of the dia. These would be OD diminsions.
Would like to know the outside Dia. and overall length of die.

Reason for asking i am toying with making my own sizer using my Foster Bonanza press.

Thanks for any info.

Dwight Hardy

243winxb
03-08-2010, 07:53 PM
A die for sizing cast bullets?

DLCTEX
03-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Do you want to size using a reloading press? If so Lee size dies screw into a standard 7/8" press and have a push pin that is used in place of the shell holder. Or do you have an idea to use the RCBS/Lyman type H&I dies for sizing in a reloading press?

wistlepig1
03-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Welcome,

If you are talking about sizing cast bullits and don't have a sizer/luber, the Lee sizer ( less than $15 per Cal.). is a low cost way to go and tumble lube or pan lube. There are STICKIES on this stuff and ask questions. When asking question, the more info you give, the better answers you get, These guys here have helped me a bunch and I am sure they will you.

454PB
03-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I make my own sizer dies for Lyman, since Lyman and RCBS are interchangeable, here are the dimensions you asked:

Length=1.557"
Greater diameter (top portion)= .723"
Lesser diameter (bottom portion)=.702"

303Guy
03-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey guys I am just starting to get into casting. I Plan to retire in about nine months and will have time to do some of the things I have been putting off.

Dwight HardyWelcome aboard, Dwight. I've made a few odd and crazy dies and stuff for my press which uses the RCBS dies.

One trick is to make an adaptor to take a standard bolt size. Then different dies become easy to make and experiment with by using grade 8.8 bolts! There is much fun to be had.:grin: What equipment do you have?

PacMan
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
454pb that is what i was looking for. Thanks
303 I have never cast a bullet in my life but that is going to change. Been reloading for many calibers for years. I have a 180gr .361 mould on order frm Veral Smith LBT Starting slow. I have dies for RCBS lubersizer ordered .359 and .360. Have melted down approx 100lb of WW.

I currently use a Dillon 550 , RCBS Rockckucher somtimes and my favorite a Foster Bonanza i bought a couple weks ago.
I wish i had bought it when i bought my RCBS. I really enjoy using it and is much faster than the RCBS.

Thanks for the info guys.
By the way i know that lee has there sizing dies and i will also be buying a lubsizer real soon.
But i like to tinker and will adapt the RCBS dies to work in my Foster yust for the heck of it.

Dwight