PDA

View Full Version : Arisaka T-99

mooman76
03-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I have been wanting to get one in the 6.5mm but the price has been getting up there. I noticed at least 3 at the gun show yesterday for $150 but couldn't talk myself into getting one. They weren't in too bad of shape for the age and all but I've been reading the issue with brass. Not sure I want to get one with that problem plus I already have allot of guns I don't find the time to shoot now including a T-99 7.7. It is in good shape but very bare, non moveable sites. I think it must have been one of the last ones made when they ran out of parts. The only real good thing is it still has the Mum.

madsenshooter
03-07-2010, 07:24 PM
mooman, you've got some things confused, or you've got me confused at least. The type 99 is in 7.7 japanese, the type 38s and 44 are in 6.5. It is very simple to make brass for the type 99's by sizing and trimming 30/06. The big issue with brass we've been discussing in another thread has to do with the 6.5.

mooman76
03-07-2010, 08:28 PM
That's what I was originally thinking but I know at least one of these I seen were not 7.7 because the bore was too small. I thought I looked at all of them but you know how gun shows are, You look at allot of stuff and sometimes it's hard to remember what you saw where, when all is said and done. Maybe they mismarked it or something. Thanks for clearing that up though. I think I will leave it alone though or at least for now. I have so many gun projects I haven't completed and some not even started yet so the last thing I need now is another.