PDA

View Full Version : Laghmiller 287 135

mooman76
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Picked up a Laghmiller mould at the gunshow yesterday. I was hoping it would drop a little bigger for an oversized bore I have but it drops right on the money 287. I got a good deal on it I believe, $30 that's whay I got it that and the fact that I see so few at gun shows anymore and then they are priced too high. It had some rust on the outside, mostly on a nickle plated real heavy sprue plate.

HORNET
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Dang Mooman, I thought you were going to rebarrel that old 7 Mouser. That should be a good mold (at a very good price) if you do rebarrel. Didn't Buckshot mention some 7x57 LR Mauser barrels at Gunparts last week......hmmm.

mooman76
03-08-2010, 10:49 PM
The gun although shootable is pretty beat up and to me not worth rebarreling. That and I bought another one that does shoot better. It's just one of those things where I got it stuck in my head that I was bound and determined to get it to shoot. I just about got rid of it several times but I'm not going to sell it to someone else and make their life miserable. I did think of removing some parts and getting rid of the rest though.