PDA

View Full Version : Portable Shooting Bench

bmanis
03-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey guys. I am planning on building a portable shooting bench that is fairly stable but not too heavy. Do any of you have tips or ideas? Pics would be great also. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Brandon

wiersy111
03-06-2010, 10:48 PM
No ideas but would sure be interested in a few myself.

Ben
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
B M :

Check your Email, I just sent you some plans.

Ben

Blake Stephenson
03-07-2010, 02:03 AM
I sell a few now and then. Just finishing 4 of them right now. If you want welded leg brackets made of 1/4" plates and schedule 40 pipe flanges welded at an 18 degree angle let me know. You can then make your own plywood top and buy the legs from Home Depot or anyone else that can cut and thread water pipe. These make up into really strong and stable shooting platforms that aren't too bad to haul in and out of your pickup.

lead-1
03-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Here is a link to a few ideas that were posted a while back.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=65890

Vyrone
03-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Check this out. I mounted my press to a concrete block. I reload in my office durning the winter months and can easily move to my sumner work area. Also, this is easily stored out of the way when not in use and I can use my work areas for other things.

steg
03-15-2010, 08:35 AM
I was thinking of using one of those foldable work tables with the top acting as a clamp, and using that to start with, but their a little on the heavy side for me, Another thing is picking up some folding legs and starting from there, either one can be bought at HF, I know their chinese but I couldn't find any American mades in my retirement check range...........steg