PDA

View Full Version : good guys win, bad guys lose

fatnhappy
06-26-2006, 01:56 PM
A NY state trooper was dragged a mile by a drunk scumbag on an ATV. Said citizen also had a revoked license for a previous DWI. I figure the trooper not only saved his own life, he probably saved the life of some soccer Mom with her kids in a minivan 5 years from now.

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=39342&rnews_story_type=18

Bigjohn
06-26-2006, 11:06 PM
A recent incident here in Australia.

Highway Patrol Officer stops motor vehicle with three people on board, one male and two females. After quizzing the occupants of the vehicle the officer apparently suspicous about some answers they had given was attacked by the male and one of the females (The other female left the scene).

The attackers went for the Officers weapons, baton and handgun. During the struggle the Officer managed to fire one round from his handgun; this projectile struck both of his attackers fully penetrating the male and lodging in the leg of the female.

All three were shipped to hospital.

It can be dangerous out there on the beat.

Jetwrench
06-27-2006, 12:49 AM
I read it 2 times, must have missed the parts about drinking and dwi's and such.
JETWRENCH

Bret4207
06-27-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm on 2 weeks vacation so I have no info on this. I can assure you the poor Trooper will go through the wringer if the guy didn't have a gun or other weapon. At least he's alive. Be nice to know the whole story.

fatnhappy
06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
I read it 2 times, must have missed the parts about drinking and dwi's and such.
JETWRENCH

actually, you're right. That part of the story is on our local news.

Tpr. Bret I don't doubt it one bit

Jetwrench
06-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Well in any case I am glad the Trooper is allright, I hope for his sake it was a clean shoot. Still I think it is a sad thing to see a person, who MAY normaly be a good person. Use poor judgement in getting drunk, then go out in public in said state unable to make a good judement and get himself killed. I dont think the Trooper woke up that day and said to himself " I think I will go kill someone today"
also in the same vein I dont think the fella who got killed woke and said "gee, think I will find a cop to drag behind my atv", "get myself shot", or even "die". Still that is what happened. I have never been interviewed when one of my family members has passed away, never had one shot, but I'd bet that would only add to the grief his family is suffering. The Trooper, if he is any kind of man at all will be haunted by this for years at the very least. You just got to know the guy on the atv would do things differently in hind sight. Try as I might I fail to see the winner in this case, I see someone who threw his life away, being unable to make a good decision. I bet if you ask the Trooper he will say he is glad to be alive, I dont think he will say he won. Just dont think there was a winner. End of sermon. JETWRENCH