PDA

View Full Version : 32 cal Russian Target Single Action Revolver

Four Fingers of Death
06-26-2006, 08:24 AM
I saw a blast from the past the other day. A Toz I think they are, They were moderately popular with the bullseye target crowd here some years ago.

They had a cylinder which rode forward sealing off the cylinder gap when cocked.

Pretty neat, from what I heard they were as accurate as all get out. Anybody ever had anything to do with them? Mick.

NucEm
06-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Iv seen one long time ago but never tried. The "cylinder moves forward and sealing the gap" was also used on military revolvers in the old ussr built on the Belgian brothers Nagant design, Nagant model of 1895. Same revolver but without the cylinder seal was used by the swedish army in 7.62 kaliber.
In .22 LR i have tried a few TOZ made guns, they dont "shine" as a Hämmerli from Swiss but they shoot far better than i can handle. Lots of the old Free pistols here in Sweden are Toz, i tried one for fun with a leopoldhandgun sight on and got 10 mm ctc on the 50 meters target range:drinks:
Long ago i talked to a gunsmith from Germany, he told me that Toz made guns in 3 different ranges. One for sales to outside former USSR, one for the ordinary ussr folks and one for the top pistol shooters in the national and international competitive teams. I compare all toz handgunswith brno, they dont sparkle when looked at but they shoot with the best:drinks: