PDA

View Full Version : scope mount idenity

flounderman
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I have a mount I have never seen before. I need to identify it so I can get a base. the top looks like a redfield, but the attachment has a screw on one side, like a weaver, but the opening for the base is about 1/2 inch wide and one side is solid, with a bevel and the other side has a beveled piece the tightening screw threads into. there is a half moon recoil shoulder that fits into the base crosswise on the front and back ring. it's a very solid looking mount but I need a base for it. somebody on here probably knows what it is and might even have a base. Daryl

kingstrider
03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Photos?

fourarmed
03-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I can't quite get what you're talking about. Are you talking about rings? The crosswise half-moon lug sounds like Ruger rings.

Heavy lead
03-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I can't quite get what you're talking about. Are you talking about rings? The crosswise half-moon lug sounds like Ruger rings.

Yup, that's what I'm getting too. If this is the case there are not bases available except for the Ruger quarter rib for the No.1 which comes attached to the rifle or like the base that came with my Mark II pistol which will accept Ruger rings.
The new Mark III's come with a Weaver style mount.:cbpour:

stubshaft
03-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Probably rings for Ruger #1 or Redhawk/SBH hunters.

flounderman
03-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I think they are ruger. the only ruger rifle I own is a no 1 varmit. I'm going to post them for sale and describe them the best I can. the ruger site said one ring was higher than the other in some sets. maybe there will be something written in them when I take the scope out of the way. Daryl

Heavy lead
03-05-2010, 10:27 PM
The Ruger 77, and Super Redhawk have a higher rear ring. The Super Blackhawk Hunter, Redhawk (not Super), Number 1, and I BELIEVE the Mini 14 rings are both the same height.