PDA

View Full Version : CZ Modell 27 my latest "find"

omgb
06-25-2006, 08:15 PM
I picked up a CZ Modell 27 Kaliber 7.65 today from a widow who was "bothered" by it being around. It has the "fnh" stamping indicating it was made in occupied CZ. It also has the eagle and swastika stamp on the barrel. Military acceptance marks are missing though. Serial # is in the 200K range making it maybe a 1943-44 pistol. The barrel is pristine, nice sharp rifleing, no obvious pits. The pistol locks up well but shows the tool marks of mid-late war production. One of the grip sides (it's one piece) is cracked but still intact. It came with an original holster, a magazine and believe it or not, no import marks. The lady's husband supposedly snagged it from a dead German and brought it back in his kit. The pistol has holster wear but is otherwise in good condition. What do you guys think it's worth? I'm thinking I'd like to trade it or sell it.
R J Talley

AnthonyB
06-25-2006, 09:39 PM
RJ, I recommend you hold onto that part of history. Selling places it one link further away from the source. Might not mean anything now, but what will it mean given another 50 years? Tony

mike in co
06-26-2006, 01:12 AM
ACTUALLY ... if you want to sell it to the right guy...me...send me an email, i have an ffl to ship it to.
can u send me pic's??
several people on here know i own a few cz's........

omgb
06-26-2006, 02:48 AM
I'll get photos up Monday evening. I have an idea what it's worth but after you see the photos, you tell me what you think it's worth to you and we'll go from there. Sound good?

omgb
06-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Here are the photos I promised. Unfortunately, I can't capture the eagle and swastika stamped on the outside of the barrel chamber just to the top of the ejection port.

omgb
06-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Fired the CZ today. Functioned flawlessly. The Chrony said factory ammo was 1205fps.