PDA

View Full Version : Lee Loader problem

cptinjeff
03-03-2010, 05:41 PM
My problem is I'm addicted to these things. Some how I've made it through 41 years of life and never managed to try one of these till this year. :(

Man...I'm having fun with these. I started off with the .45 colt 3 weeks or so ago and now I'm loading .45 colt, .38, .270, and .3006. I'll be ordering .44 and .308 soon. Not only has it allowed me to enjoy handloading again....but more importantly I've been knocking out my list of things "I'd like to try one day".

I have done all my loading on a 550b (its great and I love it) but the change over time to try small things is cumbersome. I can "whack" out a few rounds to experiment with (new boolits, new lube, different powder, substitute primer, etc) so easy I can't believe I didn't have these for all the calibers I shoot decades ago. It is a lot easir and faster to pull out the lee loader and make 20 experiment rounds than to change over from the current caliber and then back again on the dillon.

If you haven't tried the lee loader, and you have an extra 20 something bucks, invest in one and you will be glad you did. If for nothing else....it is very relaxing.:Fire:

I just had to confess.:mrgreen:

mike in co
03-03-2010, 06:58 PM
welcome to the club.
pure satisfaction building ammo by hand!
i started with a 222 rem lee loader in 1970. went to presses, but kept buying lee loaders. last month i started selling of some duplicates. i finally organized them on one shelf.....it was 98 on hand when i started selling.

still looking for a couple of 7.5 swiss loaders....

mike in co

P.K.
03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
You forgot shotgun. ;-) I like having mine, yet to use it for it's intended purpose which was to reload empty hulls in a blind or some other situation where you go through alot of shells FAST. Before I got the sizemaster that's what I used to reload all my skeet shells. Can't knock it, follows the old KISS principle rather well. :-)

steg
04-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Are the shotgun loaders still being made? I was under the impression that they weren't being made anymore. I have a 2 1/2 and a 3 inch .410 and would like to get a 12 ga 2 3/4 inch.....steg

mooman76
04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't know if they are still made or not. You can go to Lees web site to see. The used ones are pretty common to pick up.

04-13-2010, 11:44 PM
I <3 lee loaders! i only have 6 of them but man are they good times! my wife likes to reload with them couldn't get her near a press though.

Phillip
04-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Are the shotgun loaders still being made? I was under the impression that they weren't being made anymore. I have a 2 1/2 and a 3 inch .410 and would like to get a 12 ga 2 3/4 inch.....steg

GunBroker has one up for sale......
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx?Keywords=Lee+Loader+

The funny thing is, my Lee Loaders are my only reloading tools.

When I bought my Ruger Security Six, I was buying reloaded wad cutters for it by the case. The owner of the gun shop/range pulled me aside and told me about them. I had him order me one for 38 special and have been using it ever since.

I now have them in 30-06, 308, 45LC, 45ACP. Though for the amount I shoot, I really do need to look into getting a press.:twisted:

steg
04-15-2010, 03:52 AM
Phillip, I never tried loading metalics with them, But I know a guy who used to take them to the range with him and load test loads while the barrels cooled down..............steg

steg
04-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Phillip, I put a bid on it, see what happens, Thanks for the info...............steg