PDA

View Full Version : And yet I will be banned once more. For Shame For Shame

Just Duke
03-02-2010, 03:02 AM
For shame for shame!!!

Here's the other option for mounting location. It goes right into the sight holes on the receiver. Turnbulls will drill them if needed.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/LEVERACTIONSHOOTERS/1886/86-71_FastFireMount1_Detail1.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/LEVERACTIONSHOOTERS/1886/86-71_FastFireMount1_Detail2.jpg

THE VICTIMS OF VIOLATION

Here's my three WINCHESTER 1886 family members. :bigsmyl2:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd255/EBRSOPMODS/LEVER%20ACTION%20SHOOTERS%20SOCIETY/L7.jpg

Here's the Solid Frame after I put new stocks on it.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd255/EBRSOPMODS/LEVER%20ACTION%20SHOOTERS%20SOCIETY/MVA18862.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd255/EBRSOPMODS/LEVER%20ACTION%20SHOOTERS%20SOCIETY/151-1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd255/EBRSOPMODS/LEVER%20ACTION%20SHOOTERS%20SOCIETY/152OR.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd255/EBRSOPMODS/LEVER%20ACTION%20SHOOTERS%20SOCIETY/152-2.jpg

Here's a pic of the red dot scope sitting next to a 500 grain 500 S&W.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/LEVERACTIONSHOOTERS/1886/DEC2.jpg

Uncle R.
03-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Oh, The Humanity!
<
Avert your eyes, fellers...
:bigsmyl2:
Nice camera work Duke. Pretty danged impressive!
<
Uncle R.

Jim
03-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Gettin' old sucks, don't it, Duke!

stubshaft
03-02-2010, 04:40 AM
OMG

Just when I thought I had seen it all...

Four Fingers of Death
03-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Yep! We wudda given you yer marching orders long ago if it wasn't fer yer booooootiful wife. We tolerates ya thats all! :D :D :D

SCIBUL
03-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Ooooooh yes it's a shame :killingpc
But it works [smilie=l:

Hickory
03-02-2010, 07:30 AM

At least we got old, some of my friend never made it.:-(

Just Duke
03-02-2010, 07:48 AM

I here that.:(

sav300
03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Whats the problem??
From a scoped savage owner.
Nice idea and bloody nice pics.Thanks .Duke.

kbstenberg
03-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Duke I like the setup. I may have to put it on mine.
Is that the Fast Fire model? Where do i have to look for the scope mounts. Then you said Turnbulls did the machine work an attached the mount?
Was the other option putting the Dot in the old dove tail on the barrel? I seem to remember the picture you posted.
Kevin

crabo
03-02-2010, 08:50 AM

It is definately NOT for wimps! Beautiful guns, Duke.

winelover
03-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Really nice work, I like the idea very much. [smilie=1: Of course, this is coming from someone who has been mounting Armson OEG's and Trijicon Reflex's on guns and bows for quite a while!

Winelover:coffeecom

Tony65x55
03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Nice mount system Duke. Those Burris sights are sweet. I have one mounted on a Beretta CX4 and I'm impressed with it.

Lead Fred
03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Git A Rope

Just Duke
03-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Duke I like the setup. I may have to put it on mine.
Is that the Fast Fire model? Where do i have to look for the scope mounts. Then you said Turnbulls did the machine work an attached the mount?
Was the other option putting the Dot in the old dove tail on the barrel? I seem to remember the picture you posted.
Kevin

The pics are from Turnbulls website. :bigsmyl2:
Check out the Turnbull website.

9.3X62AL
03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Duke, you're one of the nicest HERETICS I've ever met here. Just keep those Star Wars camper shells off of SAAs, and we'll get along fine.

jlchucker
03-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Well Duke, at least the picture of the 94 that you stuck that sight on was, from the looks, one of the POST 64 models. Good job though.

Blammer
03-02-2010, 10:26 AM
that set up looks GREAT!

Old Ironsights
03-02-2010, 11:11 AM
That Burris is a Holosight? Sweet. Would REALLY make the .357 a "quicker picker upper" in a streetfight...

Doc Highwall
03-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Duke, I have just noticed that since you have been mounting these optical sights on your guns you have not posted any pictures of Buffalo Barbie. I know about the bad eyes but like it has been said before getting old is not for sissies and sure beats the alternative of six feet under. Just do what you have too to keep in the game of shooting and best of luck.

Just Duke
03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Duke, I have just noticed that since you have been mounting these optical sights on your guns you have not posted any pictures of Buffalo Barbie. I know about the bad eyes but like it has been said before getting old is not for sissies and sure beats the alternative of six feet under. Just do what you have too to keep in the game of shooting and best of luck.

Buffalo Barbie will be joining us on cast bullets here soon DH. [smilie=2:

Larry Gibson
03-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Git A Rope

I agree, what a shme.....then after we take care of Duke I get first pick of the rifles as I think that's a great set up;-)

Larry Gibson

Just Duke
03-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Turnbulls will have the new red dot mounting brackets in 3 weeks.

Just Duke
03-03-2010, 01:46 AM
I do ask myself, if this was the the mid to late 1880's, would outlaws, Marshals and the locals be putting red dot scopes like these on their leverguns if the technology was available?.

Southern Son
03-03-2010, 03:59 AM
I do ask myself, if this was the the mid to late 1880's, would outlaws, Marshals and the locals be putting red dot scopes like these on their leverguns if the technology was available?.

Only the outlaws. The good guys wouldn't need them.:kidding:

Doc Highwall
03-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Hell with the old cowboy movies they did not even have to reload their revolvers until after eight or nine shots. I guess that is why the called them Hero Gun's.

JDL
03-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Dad blame these new-fangled sights! Could someone tell me what's the proper way to sight in with them? Have the boolit strike at the top as with irons or center of the dot?
JDL

TxBaylea
03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Duke

I like it!! I will have to check if my Browning Model 65 is drilled and tapped. I bought it so I could stop shooting my Winchester 65 as I am having difficulty using the peep on it. Open sights don't cut it any more.

Vernon

atr
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
a rope is too good for em !!

Just Duke
03-04-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm also thinking this might fit a Winchester 1895 too.

Lloyd Smale
03-04-2010, 07:43 AM
believe it or not duke i actually like the looks of that burris on a lever gun better then any scope ive ever saw on one.

wistlepig1
03-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Duke, nice heaters!

Four Fingers of Death
03-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Hooters??? Oh! Heaters, sorry. :(

10 ga
03-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Winelover,
Nice to see someone else knows what an Armson OEG is. I have 2. One on an 870 12 ga. and the other on my beloved Ithaca 10 Automag. With those OEGs when you slap the trigger somethin dies on the other end! I've had them long enough that I've had the tritium replaced once and due for another insert before next predator season. Best, 10 ga

Three44s
03-19-2010, 12:29 AM
I have to admit, I was sucking wind when the pictures of the goregous '86's came up.

But with two holosights of my own ...... I have to tip my hat for anyone enjoying this technology on a lever gun .........

........ but those '86's .......... ?

Don't know if'en I can HANDLE THAT!!!!

And yes. Getting old is HELL ....... but the alternative is ................

.............. WORSE!

Three 44s

poisonivie
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
OK, I'm a new guy and might get blasted but will this fit a 94AE? I'm getting old and blind also and just switched from factory sights to a Williams peep and while it's a great improvement, I could still use a little more help. This looks like it might solve the problem and still allow for saddle scabbard carry, which a scope with play thunder with.

jlchucker
03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
OK, I'm a new guy and might get blasted but will this fit a 94AE? I'm getting old and blind also and just switched from factory sights to a Williams peep and while it's a great improvement, I could still use a little more help. This looks like it might solve the problem and still allow for saddle scabbard carry, which a scope with play thunder with.

Good question poinsonivie. I was thinking about that myself even if I don't have a horse or saddle. You may be a new guy here, but since you're getting old and blind there's hope for you yet. Attainment of geezerhood is a long-sought-after honor that only time can make you eligible for.

7of7
03-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Where did you get that mount? Is there any additional drilling required or does it align with the existing holes in the receiver... I have a pre64 30-30 M94, and a 357 M94AE that I am considering these for and I really like the mount that you found..

Freightman
03-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I knew a man who was quite old and was talking to him about him being blessed to have lived as long as he had. His answer shocked me. "not much of a blessing when all your friends and family are in the grave yard, I like to talk to you but you do not know how to talk about my memories as you were not there" I thought he was a little off with that statement until recently when you mention a person from our past and the younger generation looks at you and says who is FDR, or who was MacArthur, or what is a Guadalcanal! I am getting old.

TxBaylea
03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
I knew a man who was quite old and was talking to him about him being blessed to have lived as long as he had. His answer shocked me. "not much of a blessing when all your friends and family are in the grave yard, I like to talk to you but you do not know how to talk about my memories as you were not there" I thought he was a little off with that statement until recently when you mention a person from our past and the younger generation looks at you and says who is FDR, or who was MacArthur, or what is a Guadalcanal! I am getting old.

I hear you:groner: I was a preteen when WWII started so was very aware what was happening. I even contributed my little bit by being a CAP aircraft spotter along the Gulf Coast. Still have my wings I won.

It upsets me greatly at all the revisionist history that gets spun about.

I remember carrying my Remington pump 22 about my neighborhood in Houston without anybody getting upset by it.

Vernon

Four Fingers of Death
03-28-2010, 06:29 AM
I hear you:groner: I was a preteen when WWII started so was very aware what was happening. I even contributed my little bit by being a CAP aircraft spotter along the Gulf Coast. Still have my wings I won.

It upsets me greatly at all the revisionist history that gets spun about.

I remember carrying my Remington pump 22 about my neighborhood in Houston without anybody getting upset by it.

Vernon

I try and shut up about it for fear of sounding like a broken record, but I just can't come to grips with the fact that modern history is an elective subject in the high schools here and not compulsory. I can't get over the fact that most of the young adults here don't know much about the horrid things the Nazis did, how the modern wars started, the depression, etc. Without a knowledge of the mistakes of the past, we are at risk of repeating them.

I used to shoot starlings off the power lines next to the bus stop at North Ryde. Both sides of the road had houses up and down and no one took any notice. We used to stop when a bus stopped and wave to the people on the bus, who also waved back. We always waved at trains and buses and cars when you caught their eye. I guess we were a bit different then. Occasionally an adult would get off the bus and come over and say hello. We used to hang around there because the old lady that was trying to encourage native birds (which the starlings and Indian Mynas used to push out) into her garden would bring us a few home made bikkies (cookies) and some cordial on summer or hot choclate in winter (she used to drag us inside in front of the fire when it was cold, she would leave us to our goodies and wander back out to the garden, she trusted us in her house, a pair of gangly boys sitting on her lounge with an air rifle or 22 across our laps).

sundog
03-28-2010, 10:12 AM
4Fingers, Just yesterday at the range I was talking with a young fella and a friend about my age. Talk turned to WWII and history for some reason. I mentioned Unit 731 (in the context of chemical and biological warfare) to the young fella. He had never heard about it. I told him look on the internet and read about the atrocities...

Yes, it is important to know about this stuff.

Four Fingers of Death
03-28-2010, 08:23 PM
It's interesting to boot!