PDA

View Full Version : Para GI 1911 45 expert eating up cast

randyrat
02-28-2010, 09:26 PM
I like my new Gi expert, real tight. I see i have to work out some glitches like OAL. Seems to like round nose and semi wadcutters equaly. It is shooting slightly to the left off hand or benching it so i know it's not me. I'll have to drift the sight a little.
Other than a few little glitches it's got a nice tight chamber and is very accurate. I shot about 75 rds through it today with a few rounds failed to chamber, my own fault.
O yeh absolutly no leading. I tried Unique,700X, and some Red dot rounds, lubed with thinned Alox and some with just JPW.

I got to hand pick this pistol out of 2 of them, each were very tight slide to frame fit and barrel to bushing. i FLIPPED A COIN! Finally i have a tight 1911 45 acp

mike in co
02-28-2010, 09:49 PM
yeah they really suck don't they?.....lol

i went to a reduced dia nose to aid feeding and keep a nice long oal.(lee 230 rn bb tl).

mike in co

randyrat
02-28-2010, 10:41 PM
I had a bunch of ammo i loaded for my Witness and some of it wouldn't feed in the new GI 1911 so i ran it through the "Lee factory crimp die"...Only i removed the crimping part of the die so the loaded round only went through the body of the die. It works like a charm, cleared up 100% of any glitches i had and no crimp.

It seems the body of the(factory crimp die) die sizes the loaded round just enough for reliable feeding every time.

The new GI 1911 has a slightly tighter chamber which accounts for part of the better accuracy. I love it when a plan comes together.
This new Ammo eater is hungry for RN and SWC...I'm glad it's not a picky eater.