PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Lube

Snyd
02-28-2010, 03:18 AM
I rendered down some beeswax from some beehive stuff I got from a friend. The wax is very sweet smelling, hard and sticky. I've been mixing a small amount of lube using beeswax, paraffin, vaseline and added a small amount of balistol since I have some and read somewhere that it's good. The first time pan lubing the lube was very slippery/gooey and would not stick well at all to the boolits. I added more beeswax, it was better. I used a cutter to remove the boolits but the lube was still very soft. today I added more beeswax and man is this some sticky lube now. Still soft. Softer than lube on Cast Performance boolits. But sticky, sticky , sticky. Like wax honey for lack of a better term but yet still feels slippery. So, is sticky sweet slippery a good combo? I haven't shot any of it yet.

randyrat
02-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Could it be too much honey left in the wax? Or your missing an ingredient? I was gonna comment and then i read it again and got stumped.

randyrat
02-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Also a small amount of Ivory soap will harden your lube also, as i have read it will help keep ingredients mixed together and cheaper than beeswax. Use Parifin or Ivory to harden lube.
Keep in mind i'm no lube expert here just trying to help