PDA

View Full Version : Felix Lube & Lyman 4500 lubrisizer

ghh3rd
02-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I've had very good luck with Felix lube, both in making it sucessfully, and in eliminating leading.

I pan lubed another 100 .44 boolits in Felix Lube today. It's a frustrating process, with lube reaching some of the crimp grooves due to uneven pan, lube breaking out of grooves while removing from wax, etc. I WILL get a lubrisizer soon, I WILL get.... (repeat continuously).

Now that I'm determined to get a lubrisizer soon, a Lyman 4500, I wondered if Felix lube will work well in it. I've never used one, but have read about making tubes of lube for lubrisizers. Will the consistency of Felix lube be OK in a lubrisizer?

What is used to make the correct "tubes" of lube for the Lyman 4500? I'd like to make some up so I'm prepared. In lieu of lube tubes, is it possible to just pour molten lube into the lubrisizer?

Thanks - Randy

anachronism
02-27-2010, 09:09 PM
If you don't like the results, you can always alter your mix a bit. I never had a problem using it in mine.

runfiverun
02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
lot of guys keep it in a jar of sorts and pour it in.

geargnasher
02-28-2010, 12:28 AM
If you don't like the results, you can always alter your mix a bit. I never had a problem using it in mine.

Pan lubing sucks. I've done plenty, and I'm about through.

One of the best attributes of FWFL: Taylor it to suit your needs.

I make hollow lube sticks out of it all the time, I keep the batch I'm using in a dedicated Pyrex measuring cup, melt it in the 'wave, and use the Lyman 450 reservoir as a mould! :bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

Gear

GabbyM
02-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Poring the Lyman sizer full works better for me. No trapped air. I just poor from a recycled pickle jar. No trouble hitting the reservoir. Melt in micro oven using 50% power setting for about five minutes. Drop the collar over the top to center up pump screw while lube is still molten. Run down the piston after lube has set up. Plenty of things to do while lube is hardening. Besides if you start with a full sizer it's break time when it runs dry.