PDA

View Full Version : Cast Bullets Member that makes RCBS Lube Dies?

Just Duke
02-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Was the a guy here that made lube dies like the RCBS ones?
TIA,
Duke.

PS I need a .460

Muddy Creek Sam
02-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Duke,

I believe it is Buckshot!

Sam :D

Doc Highwall
02-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Another one might be Lathesmith.

Wayne Smith
02-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Lathesmith makes the Star dies. He may make the Lyman too, but I know Buckshot does. I think I have four of his out in the garage.

RobS
02-27-2010, 10:43 PM
What does Buckshot charge? I have a pesky revolver that needs an in between die.

Buckshot
02-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Was the a guy here that made lube dies like the RCBS ones?
TIA,
Duke.

PS I need a .460

.............Just so happens I have a few of those size on hand :-)

.............Buckshot

danny.k
02-28-2010, 02:34 PM
.............Just so happens I have a few of those size on hand :-)

.............Buckshot

I`d like buy one of those from ya...

Just Duke
02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I'll take one also Buckshot.

Just Duke
02-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks guys. :)

Daves1
02-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Buckshot, what do you charge for Lyman, RCBS type dies?

RobS
02-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I'll post what he PM'd me today:

"I make both Lee and Lyman/RCBS dies. The Lee dies are $22 + $3.00 shipping for the 1st die via 1st Class USPS. Two or more Lee dies go in the $5 small flat rate box.

The Lyman dies are $28 + $2 rtn shipping via 1st Class USPS. A 2nd Lyman die is $1 additional shipping. If you're wanting more then 2 Lyman dies they'd have to go in the $5 USPS box.

These flat rate boxes have free delivery confirmation. *NOTE* 1st Class USPS does not have Del Conf, nor insurance. If you're wanting either, the next cheapest way to ship is the Small Flat Rate Box @ $5. Insurance is NOT provided. If you want insurance you'll need to provide the additional funds.

Tolerance on the dies is nominal to +.0003". They're proofed with a WW slug which is shipped with the die. As you know from very soft to very hard alloys will size to different OD's in the same die. If you want to size very hard, or very soft bullets to an exact diameter, please provide 3 slugs in that alloy, otherwise WW does a creditable job for 95% of shooting cast.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do NOT normally cut the relief groove for the old style Lyman #45 lube press die retaining setscrew. If you intend to use these dies in that style press lease be sure to include that info in your order instructions. Otherwise it isn't going to be there.

A personal check is fine. Please provide instructions (sizeing diameter) and your board handle or e-mail so I can contact you if necessary. NOTE: Your check IS NOT cashed until your order is ready to ship."

Daves1
02-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Thanks RobS

bruce drake
02-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Although I haven't bought an RCBS lube die from Buckshot YET, I have bought two LEE style sizing dies from Buckshot that came fast and exactly at the described diameters that I asked for (.259 and .268).

I'll commission Buckshot for my next set of custom dies with no worries whenever I come upon the need in the future.

Bruce

Just Duke
03-01-2010, 03:14 AM
I'll post what he PM'd me today:

"I make both Lee and Lyman/RCBS dies. The Lee dies are $22 + $3.00 shipping for the 1st die via 1st Class USPS. Two or more Lee dies go in the $5 small flat rate box.

The Lyman dies are $28 + $2 rtn shipping via 1st Class USPS. A 2nd Lyman die is $1 additional shipping. If you're wanting more then 2 Lyman dies they'd have to go in the $5 USPS box.

These flat rate boxes have free delivery confirmation. *NOTE* 1st Class USPS does not have Del Conf, nor insurance. If you're wanting either, the next cheapest way to ship is the Small Flat Rate Box @ $5. Insurance is NOT provided. If you want insurance you'll need to provide the additional funds.

Tolerance on the dies is nominal to +.0003". They're proofed with a WW slug which is shipped with the die. As you know from very soft to very hard alloys will size to different OD's in the same die. If you want to size very hard, or very soft bullets to an exact diameter, please provide 3 slugs in that alloy, otherwise WW does a creditable job for 95% of shooting cast.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I do NOT normally cut the relief groove for the old style Lyman #45 lube press die retaining setscrew. If you intend to use these dies in that style press lease be sure to include that info in your order instructions. Otherwise it isn't going to be there.

A personal check is fine. Please provide instructions (sizeing diameter) and your board handle or e-mail so I can contact you if necessary. NOTE: Your check IS NOT cashed until your order is ready to ship."

It's a copy of the Lyman lube die and not the RCBS clone? Just curious.

Just Duke
03-07-2010, 07:04 AM
btt..........

HORNET
03-08-2010, 08:33 PM
The ones that Buckshot made for me were copies of the Lyman. I imagine that he could make copies of the RCBS, he'd just have to make fewer lube holes in the die. I prefer the Lyman variant for anything with more than 1 lube groove, lots more flexibility on sizing depth.