PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Lube Extruder

Casting Timmy
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
This is my first prototype lube extruder, since this one I have made a few improvements. The drive rod can now be used with a drill to easily extruder the lube out. I use a beeswax/grease/parafin mix in my Lyman and Star that doesn't require a heater for using in the machines. I've never tried using this with the really hard lubes as I don't use the hard lubes.

You can extrude a little lube to fill up your sizer, or extruder a piece 2-3 foot long. To get the best cut ends, just extrude how much you need or the length you'll sell the lube at and use a blade to cut the lube from the extruder. You will be able to press the blade against the part of the extruder that creates the hollow portion of the lube stick.

phishroy
02-27-2010, 10:55 AM
can you give a few details on how it works.
cheers.

Casting Timmy
02-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Contact me to buy a lube extruder, you can extruder hollow lube sticks for your rcbs and lyman sizers!

Casting Timmy
08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Contact me if you would like to buy a lube extruder

Alan in WI
08-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Buy a clay extruder for about 20 bucks and pour your melted lube into pvc which has the same inside diameter as the extruder. You can make multipule moulds and pour up as many as you want. Works great and you can extrude about thickness you want by working on the inserts that come with it.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/alans49/clayextruder.jpg

Alan

Elkins45
08-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Buy a clay extruder for about 20 bucks and pour your melted lube into pvc which has the same inside diameter as the extruder. You can make multipule moulds and pour up as many as you want. Works great and you can extrude about thickness you want by working on the inserts that come with it.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/alans49/clayextruder.jpg

Alan

Wouldn't this just make thin strings of lube? He's extruding the lube into one inch sticks to fit inside the sizer.

Casting Timmy
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
It can get the OD right, but the ID is a little tight because of the 5/16" all thread for creating the hollow core. Currently when I use one auto cartridge of grease, a lb of beeswax, and a 1/4lb of parafin I fill up to extruders and have a little left over.

Alan in WI
08-12-2010, 11:15 PM
I am using this extruder to make 3/16 thick grease cookies for my 45-70 and 45-90 Sharpes rifles. I think you could also make lube the same thickness or thicker for a 50 caliber. Like I said you can adjust the size by modifying the insert with a file.

Alan

Casting Timmy
10-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Just out of curiousity...did any one ever try making their own extruder?