PDA

View Full Version : have a look at this site

windwalker
06-21-2006, 08:30 AM
take a look at this site the wurfflein riffle it was a realy nice looking riffle.
bernie:-D
http://www.pbase.com/halp/wuffsales

shooter575
06-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Windtalker.That is a cool action.But did you see his others oldies pictured in his galleries...WOW some nice old stuff. I have a Sharps Borchardt military that I wished looked that good.Thanks for the link.

montana_charlie
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Did you read that lube formula in PC090263.JPG?

Hip's Ax
06-22-2006, 12:28 PM
"Make lubricant eight parts pure tallow and one part bees wax, not letting it get too hot to burn"

Beef tallow? Pork tallow? Mutton tallow? I know Old Zip Patch grease is mutton tallow and bees wax but man, 8:1 sounds "gooey".

C1PNR
06-23-2006, 08:10 PM
"Make lubricant eight parts pure tallow and one part bees wax, not letting it get too hot to burn"

Beef tallow? Pork tallow? Mutton tallow? I know Old Zip Patch grease is mutton tallow and bees wax but man, 8:1 sounds "gooey".
That does sound pretty soft. I remember in the late 70's early 80's we used 2 parts rendered beef suet to one part canning paraffin for lubing our Civil War minié balls.

I remember getting quite a pile of beef suet from the local grocer and rendering it down in the oven while SWMBO was "out." Danged good thing I had it all finished by the time she got home!:roll:

We hand dipped, nose first, (with a needle nose plier) the miniés in liquid lube, and then set them out to cool. Very effective lube as I recall. I'll have to try it with beeswax sometime (after I get my own oven out in the shop[smilie=1: ).