PDA

View Full Version : Good deal?

Hitman
02-25-2010, 09:36 PM
I just got off the phone with a guy from work. he has been reloading for years and said he may have some stuff to help me out. One thing he mentioned "off the top of his head", was an 8lb keg of green dot but it was about half full. Said I could have it for 20 bucks.

I reload for 9mm, and .40s&w.
So would this be a good buy?
I will still buy my keg of unique and bullseye, but I have already learned to keep extra powder on hand.

I wish someone would call me with a good deal on some primers.

RayinNH
02-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Hitman that would be a great deal. Four pounds of powder for the price of one. While I don't load for either cartridge, a quick glance through the loading manuals does show data for both. While it may not be the optimum powder, it'll work, or make good trading stock...Ray

Echo
02-26-2010, 01:16 PM
In a heartbeat, Hitman. Green Dot is slower than Red Dot - I don't know exactly where it is on the hierarchy, but should do good work in your 9 & 40.

1hole
02-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I once got a full 8# container of DuPont PB at about the same price. It's simular to Bullseye and Red Dot so I've used it for hangun ammo with excellant results. As Mr. Ray says, your Green Dot should also do very well.

mooman76
02-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Personally I don't like getting powder from someone else after the seal is broken. You don't know what they did with it or if they got careless and accidentally dumped some other powder in the jug when they got done loading something else or what. People have blown up guns from buying used powder from gunshows and whatever. You have to think, is it worth it?
But if you know they guy it's a little better and since it is green dot which is easier to distinguish from other powders than most it may be a good deal. I'd dump some of the powder out though and look it over good.

Shiloh
02-26-2010, 08:48 PM
4# of Green Dot for $20!!

Hitman, that is a no brainer. Last pound of 2400 I purchased was almost $21 out the door.
Snap it up!!!!

Shiloh