PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Handles on Saeco Moulds?

LET-CA
06-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Anyone know if standard Lyman handles will fit Saeco moulds? Thanks!

Wayne Smith
06-20-2006, 07:30 AM
If I remember right, which is questionable, on the one Saeco mold I temporarily had I drilled out the holes on a Lee six cavity set of handles. I just drilled out with numbered bits until the pins barely fit.

fatnhappy
06-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes they will with a bit of tweaking.
You'll need to remove a bit of material near the hinge to use them. Effectively, you need to make the tongs longer. It took me about 2 minutes on a grinder. You'll also need to drill an extra set of mounting holes.

It's an acceptable solution but pales compared to using the right handles. I see you're in on Montana Charlie's group buy.

LET-CA
06-20-2006, 02:35 PM
I've got some extra handles I can modify but I wasn't sure if it was necessary. I've got a new Saeco mold coming my way (44 cal, 300 grain, gas-checked) Midway had one left and cut the price down to the same price as the Lyman mould. Based on what I'd read about their quality I jumped on the Saeco. I'll take a look when the mould arrives and will decide if it's appropriate to buy a set of Saeco handles. Saving a few dollars is a bad reason to be unhappy with an otherwise great product.

BOOM BOOM
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
HI,
Tried it, didn't work so rather than screw up the handels that were working great on all my lyman molds I just bought a set of seaco handels.

LET-CA
07-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Turns out the handles like the ones that Montana Charlie is buying in the Group Buy here fit perfectly. I used them this past weekend for the first time. Am the proud owner of several hundred 300 grain bullets for my 444 Marlin and 44 Magnum. Thanks to all for the inputs.