PDA

View Full Version : Springfield model 67 pump shotgun

blackthorn
02-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I tried posting this in the "Gunsmithing" section and got no replies so I thought I would try it here.
I am trying to get this shotgun apart and I can't find a set of step by step dissasembly instructions. I need to get the forend off so that I can get the metal into a soak tank full of kerosene. Can any one direct me to a place where i can get these instructions? I have the take-down instructions for a Savage Model 30 that indicate the Model 67 is similar but with some parts shaped differently. The Model 30 directions seem to indicate that to get the forend off you take the barrel off first. On the exploded drawing of the Model 67 I cant tell if the barrel comes off like the M30 or not. Thanks.

Storydude
02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Model 67 has a fixed barrel.

To get forearm off, you need to remove buttstock, remove trigger group, remove bolt, then remove mag tube plug, shimmy tube down to get follower and plug off, then slide forearm off forward.

slide bar locks into bolt, needing the bolt to be removed. You will have to push sidewayys on action bar to get bolt free from Rec.

blackthorn
02-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Thank you so much!

Storydude
02-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Have fun.....Those things are a mousetrap of tiny bits. :drinks: