PDA

View Full Version : California Saeco Green

Lead Fred
02-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Anyone have anything bad to say about this lube?

My current lube works great with smokeless or black.
Always looking to reinvent the wheel.

PatMarlin
02-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Is there actually a "California Saeco Green" ...?

....:mrgreen:

waksupi
02-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Is there actually a "California Saeco Green" ...?

....:mrgreen:

Relax, Pat. I don't think it is for smoking! [smilie=l:

Lead Fred
02-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Over in the lube forum UDK has it listed as:

"California Saeco Green"
2 lbs Beeswax
2 lbs Paraffin
1 lb STP Oil Treatment

I read some history on this, and I guess its correct.

Just came into some paraffin, and was wondering if I wanted to try it out

geargnasher
02-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Last I checked none of those ingredients are inherently green, I'd be interested to know if yours comes out that way with Wa. STP. Maybe the envirowackos in Ca. only allow a special "green" form of STP to be sold to the public there. Or maybe the bees harvest some "other" form of nectar that makes green honey!

Gear

PatMarlin
02-25-2010, 11:30 AM
:mrgreen: .... I don't know why that didn't occur to me before until you mentioned it. I wonder if the bees get high with their new medicinal crops they get to play with now. ..:roll:

Lead Fred
02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
The history of "green"

which BTW it isnt

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=38045

I can conclude no one uses this formula

Hardcast416taylor
02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I threw a piece of a green crayon into my mix for the color. I cut back on the parafin amount to make it a tad softer. Works good for my pistol and lower velocity rifle loadings.Robert

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
02-26-2010, 06:48 PM
New to the forum so hang on!

I was reading info from the forum last night and saw listed a number of times as is listed above, "1lb of STP" in the Saeco Green lube mix.

Surely this must be one (1) Tablespoon as a lb. of STP would make this mix very, extreemly!!!!!!!! soft to say the least.

On my home brew, I have cut back or at least not increased the STP and have included instead a product called ER or Energy Release.

I think you can still read about the product and tests on the net.

Anyway, I am wondering about a "POUND" of STP??????????

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Lead Fred
03-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Copied it form here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=26524

curioushooter
03-07-2019, 01:35 AM
So is the one pound of STP correct?

Seems way off to me, but beeswax and paraffin seems way too hard. Maybe it is supposed to be that soft.

I have been using Felix lube that I cooked up. I've also tried Fryxel lube (50/50 beeswax and sta-lube moly-graph grease), which is both dirty and gross smelling to make.
I don't know what STP smells like. It seems to be a zinc based lubricant. I am surprised that parrafin is used at all since most recipies avoid it.

Dusty Bannister
03-07-2019, 10:37 AM
The one pound of STP is one full bottle and it correct. The color comes from what ever dye is added. I made a reduced batched many years ago and eventually used it for flux in rough scrap lead smelting. While it works as a lube, many others are better. I am pretty much working with Lithi-Bee, which is very simple, uses about any lithium grease and many grades are available. White Label Lube is very inexpensive and several different lubes are available.

But if you feel compelled to make your own, at least mix a small batch and do not waste the Bees Wax. Dusty

curioushooter
03-10-2019, 07:52 PM
I am going to get some carnuba red or blue one of these days once I run out of felix lube.