PDA

View Full Version : Baikal MP-153 Choke tubes Description

A^K
02-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Dear friends
yesterday i have purchased Baikal mp-153 semi auto black synthetic with three choke tubes.

Please someone describe me which choke to use for these huntings.

For Ducks ?

For Dove , Partridge ?

For Rabbits ?

Please Describe Briefly

Awaiting.

Limey
02-24-2010, 12:15 PM
A^K,

...it's just not about what type of animal you are shooting.

...you must also consider how far away the animal is.

...the further away the animal it is normal to use a tighter choke.

...also you must consider what shot size to use, close range normally needs smaller shot and longer ranges larger shot can be better.

Straight shootin'

Limey

doubs43
02-24-2010, 01:26 PM
The best all-around choke for the game you list is, IMO, Improved Cylinder or IC. I've rarely found it necessary to use anything else. In fact, all of my O/U & SxS shotguns are choked IC & Modified. The only exception is a Winchester 101 that has the old WinChokes with the knurled ends.

Edited: I'm not certain that your chokes are regulated the same as US chokes and the closest to IC you may have could be 1/4 chokes; the English system based on choke constrictions of .040" for full, .030" for 3/4, .020" for 1/2 and .010" for 1/4 chokes. US chokes are generally a few thousands more open for our system of IC, Modified, Improved-Modified and Full. Cylinder choke - really, no choke at all - would be the same for both systems.

You may also take into account that the plastic shot cups now being used will generally throw a bit tighter pattern than the old felt wads and cardboard spacers when used in the same choke. You may want to experiment with both Cylinder and IC (1/4) chokes to see which does best in your particular shotgun.

Johnch
02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I have 2 MP 153's

As I was looking for a good 3.5" auto for waterfowl

With lead shot sized for the game you plan on hunting
These are for plastic wad type shells , card wad shells patteren a little looser and need a touch more choke

I found for most hunting if the range is less than 25 yds ( meters ) the IC is fine
The Mod is good till the shots are 30 or so yds
The full is good to 40 + yds
My 2 came with a extra full
I never could find a use for it

With Steel shot I found the Mod to work well for decoying ducks and geese
For pass shooting the Full worked well

Read the instructions as to break in
And follow them , if you leave the ajustment set for light loads and shoot a lot of magnum loads
You will cause a lot of extra wear and kink the return spring
As I shoot my 1 MP 153 a lot with 3.5" waterfowl loads , I replace the return spring every 2 years

3" RIO Blue Steel loads pattern great out of the mod and full tube for me

If you have any questions
Fell free to PM me

John

Limey
02-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey!....WickedGoodOutdoors......

....what's a 'Backheel shotgun'?........

Straight shootin',

Limey,

PS: ....I'd like one of those 'gator meals.....and make it snappy!....

doubs43
02-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Limey, there are some outstanding books on shotguns, chokes etc. that you can find in your native England. Anything by Gough Thomas is excellent but there are many others as well. I collected a fair number of good shotgunning books during my six year stay there. I also bought half a dozen Baikal shotguns but only brought two back home. Most I bought from the importer in Colchester but the last one - an O/U - I got from the Richardson Brothers in Halesworth, Suffolk. That was in 1987 and I still have it.... an IJ-27E.

Limey
02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
hi doubs43,

....'6 year stay'.......I'm guessing your ex or current USAF......

.....and,

......WickedGoodOutdoors........clearly I didn't have my 'redkneck' head on last night......but I gottit on now, hand.....

....boy!....u just can't woop dem Backheels fer bang 4 buck!.......

Straight shootin',

Limey

doubs43
02-26-2010, 06:08 PM
hi doubs43, ....'6 year stay'.......I'm guessing your ex or current USAF...... Limey

RAF Bentwaters & RAF Woodbridge from Oct., 1981 - Oct., 1987. Had a great time, met some absolutely wonderful people and enjoyed more than 4 years as a member of the Viking Pistol Club at Wickham Market, Suffolk. I even represented Suffolk County on their pistol team shooting in various matches up and down the coast.

I retired from the AF in Feb., 1992 and am fully retired now. I try to shoot a couple of times each week but this week has been a wash.... bad weather. Bullet casting and loading time.

Limey
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi doubs43...

....keep that lead hot!.....and enjoy your retirement.

We got megga bad weather heading our way right now too....

The weather forecasters are talking about winds up to 160kmh.....gulp!......plus up to 150mm of rain....

...and all the forecasters maps are showing us right in the middle of it.......I gotta go out now and lash the roof down!.....hope our old place comes through OK.......we live in an old, renovated 18th century farm......and it's not only our home but it's our business....check us out at:

www.la-janais.com

.....so we hope we get away without too much damage.

Straight shootin',

Limey

Limey
02-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Hiya WickedGoodOutdoors...

....we were real lucky....the storm changed course and we just got the side of it and not the full force.....

...but others were not so lucky....40 people were killled in France by the storm.

....no tv?......great, more shooting and reloading time!.....

...I really love that Hurricane logo....

Straight shootin'

Limey

PS:...I hope your powers back on soon or else you won't be able to use your lube heater on your lubrisizer!

A^K
03-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Limey, there are some outstanding books on shotguns, chokes etc. that you can find in your native England. Anything by Gough Thomas is excellent but there are many others as well. I collected a fair number of good shotgunning books during my six year stay there. I also bought half a dozen Baikal shotguns but only brought two back home. Most I bought from the importer in Colchester but the last one - an O/U - I got from the Richardson Brothers in Halesworth, Suffolk. That was in 1987 and I still have it.... an IJ-27E.

Hey Bros

thanks so Much for your All informative comments.

doubs43 Bro you can watch your IJ-27E in action
http://www.youtube.com/user/AfzaalWardag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-wLmgGF-no
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkF1e4fREq4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ErMOAl8rrA
in all three of my uploaded videos but Under barrel got damage :( in doves hunting coz it was filled with sand but i did not realize :(
in result bang was a burst LOL

A^K
03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
OK lets makes a criteria.

WHat is Best range for BB lead Shots with
C
M
.and F. ?