PDA

View Full Version : Howdy again all :)

DwarvenChef
02-22-2010, 05:43 AM
I'm going to be here a while now :) I have given up on trying to avoid my shooting and gunsmithing desires :bigsmyl2:

Seems my Great Great Grandfather was a gunsmith in the 1850's and I just started to get the itch to become a BP gunsmith. So I'm running around learning a bunch of basic skills I hope I remember from 25/30 years ago haha.

With that I'll be casting up a MESS of RB's and such, Looks like the scavenging hunt for moulds will soon start :p I was looking at the RotoMetals site and began drooling at the pallet of pure lead... it's bad when you wonder how many weeks that would last... Ya I'm hopeless...

I'll be going fully traditional ML's as I'm not crazy about Inlines, just a personal thing...

Has anyone ordered the pallet of lead From here? (http://http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/bundle_of_lead_ingots_99.9.htm) Seems like a good deal and if I'm going to get into this thing I may need ALOT of lead... But thats a frigging TON!!!

rhbrink
02-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Welcome Dwarevn chef there gets to be some pretty good discussions around here sometimes although it's been kindoff quiet lately.

DwarvenChef
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
No problem, I have alot of catch up reading :p

TCLouis
02-22-2010, 09:29 PM
DwarvenChef

You said "Traditional".

Is that rocklock traditional. or percussion traditional?

There are some "period" inline flinch locks ya know.

stubshaft
02-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey DwarvenChef,
Good to see you here.

DwarvenChef
02-23-2010, 03:37 AM
I think I've seen some of those Flinty inlines. I'm all for rock locks, and cap locks, Not the wannabee 209, sub powder,smokeless subs, sabot shooting things... may as well be a cartrige gun...

I'll stick with Goex and roundball guns :) With pure lead RB's ... Just have to find new places to hunt with them... My folks place is in the Condor range, NO LEAD!!! Shuts down ML season all together...

Captain*Kirk
02-25-2010, 12:09 AM
Welcome! You're our kinda dude, on this particular thread! Hope you'll hang around and share your expertise!