PDA

View Full Version : auto ejector for CH dies

BT Sniper
02-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Got the design perfected guys. It works as it should with the improved internial parts I have made for the CH dies. It will work with any die that has a 1/4" or larger ejection punch. It will mount to any 1" or 1 1/8" ram with nothing more then tightening two bolts. No machining work necessary.

I am working on a cup to go over the stock CH knurled punch so it may work just as well with the unimproved CH dies as well.

When I get some extra time I have enough material to make 12 of these and certainly would not take to long to make more after that.

Feel free to PM me with any intrest or questions. Imagine how much more fun swaging will be when you no longer have to swing a mallet to eject the bullet.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/BTSniper/P1030046.jpg

Good shooting,

BT

Lead pot
02-22-2010, 10:27 AM
That is a good copy of a Hemp swage set up.

uncleskippy
02-23-2010, 10:38 PM
PM Sent

BT Sniper
02-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Not sure of the "Hemp" set up but there has been pics posted before as well as designs I have seen online. It sure makes the process more enjoyable.

Price is still yet to be determined as I need to sit down and make one from start to finish now that I have a design that works to see just how long and how much effort it will take to run a production of these. I will up date you all soon.

BT

Got the PMs and will repply soon. Thanks

buck1
02-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Hay look! -MINES- READY!!! Just kidding , I couldnt resist! Sort of a birth defect I have I guess . LOL

BT Sniper
02-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Yep I do have two built as they where my test subjects. The pictured one is near perfect and the remaining ones will only be better.

Off to put them together before it gets to late, and yes I still have severial dies to put together too :) busy busy busy.

BT

BT Sniper
02-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Well as I said I have enough material to make 12 of these and since I have all the tools to make them here at home with no need to travel to friends lathe and tool shop it will not take me long to put them together.

I will offer them with a painted Rustolium black finish or unfinished bare metal or for the same cost. Please specify the size of the ram you plan to mount to as either 1" or 1 1/8". It is set up to work with any of my improved ch dies as well as standard ch dies and is simple to attach by only tightening two bolts that makes for a very strong hold. It is made from 3/4x1 1/2" bar steel on the bottom arm and 1/2x1" bar steel on the top and the couple bolts used to attach the lower arm to the ram is 3/8" grade 8 steel bolts so there is little chance of stressing these tools.

All I can say is what a difference the hobby can be when you don't have to swing a hammer anymore to eject the bullet, not to mention less fatigue and increased production.

With about 2 hours of labor (probably more) and cost of material and necessary tools I will offer these ejectors at a price of $125 plus $10 shipping.

Feel free to PM with questions or comments anytime. I can certainly make as many as there is intrest for and certainly appricate your guys support.

Good shooting

BT

BT Sniper
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Sending out first one tomorrow. I took the time to do the machine work on friends CNC Mill machine for the added quality. Sure made a difference. Rediculous tight tolerences can be obtained and needless to say all the holes line up perfectly and the ejector works great and is very smooth.

Will have the rest ready very soon. I am "assembly lining" everything, doing each step 12 times. So rather then complete one at a time I will have all 12 done at nearly the same time and all alike. I have been doing the same with the dies to a degree as well so everything should come together in a big way soon.

BT