PDA

View Full Version : NRA Grievance Petition ...

John Boy
02-22-2010, 01:10 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/nra2010/petition.html

This petition relates to NRA's lack of support to black powder shooters, both US and the International Events in that the NRA refuses to properly support the competitions department, and treat the sport as a legitimate shooting venue. An example is:
The 2010 International Creedmoor Match was scheduled to be held at the Whittington Center. With no other excuse than 'lack of funding', the Match was cancelled (after scheduling it) leaving multiple International and US participants with no event this year. In addition, over the years, NRA's support for BPCR events has materially diminished, yet NRA's support for non black powder events is strong and continues to grow

exile
02-22-2010, 10:47 AM
I am not a black powder shooter, but that could turn around and bite them in the butt. It seems like folks who like black powder are pretty hardcore.

exile

BPCR Bill
02-22-2010, 11:28 AM
There are a good number of us BPCR shooters who are pretty casual about our matches, especially the many Buffalo Gong matches. For the most part, it's viewed as a fun venue and alot of those folks don't care for the heavy rules structure that comes with the NRA support and blessings. That being said, there has been a growing number of BPCR shooters who like the NRA structure and the chance for National Records it affords. Plus the fact that we're showing just how well these Black Powder rifles shoot, especially at the long distances. It's pretty sad that the NRA is turning it's back (again) on a shooting venue that was actually a very popular sport at the inception of the NRA. The original "Long Range Shooters" were the guys at places such as Creedmore in the 1870's, and were the first marksmen to gain national and international fame, and put the NRA on the map in the first place. It's too bad the NRA is ignoring it's very own place in history. Again, the Black Powder Cartridge shooter is stuck somewhere between the Muzzleloaders and the "Modern Highpower" disciplines. Maybe we need to start our own national organization.

Regards,
Bill

c3d4b2
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
The highpower shooters are not real happy with them either.

Finster101
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
The NRA could have a lot more money to fund those programs if they did not send me a dang flyer every month trying to get me to renew when I just did. What a waste of paper and postage. My .02

shooterchris
02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't shoot black powder either, but I am interested in learning. It seems like the only people I know who shoot black powder rifles are these young rich kids who go get em a thompson center and a $50 pack of powerbelts every time mommy or daddy poops them out some money. Yall know the type. This type of thing is just a contributing factor to the situation we are facing. And it is the modern mentality about things with the new generation. If it aint cool or easy or some dude on OLN doesn't tell them to go buy it they couldn't be bothered. With the NRA getting new members from this generation I really hope that their attitude doesn't turn this way. I cast and load all of my bullets with the exception of rimfire, and I personally think that the mass purchasing of ammo that we have seen (from this same group of folks) is just un-American. By the way in April I'll be 30 and most of the time by the way most people my age think and act, I am almost embarrassed to say my age. Sorry about the rant, but I needed to say it.

P.S. NRA Life

Kenny Wasserburger
02-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Shooter Chris,

I think you maybe a bit confused, the BP Cartridge rifle shooters average about 50 plus years in age the average rifle costs about 2000 to 2200 not a thompson center plinker and powerbelts.

Most of my Shilohs average will over $2500 with my 25# heavy gun well over $4600.

A very serrious group of competition shooters are the ones behind this petition and the dealing with the NRA.

Kenny Wasserburger

Russel Nash
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Just as an FYI....

last year there was some beeting of some top competitors in the 3 gun world.

See...there is NOT one single solitary umbrella organization for 3 gun.

There are DPMS rules.

There are IMGA rules (if I got that abbreviation correct).

Then IDPA has dabbled with it.

And then USPSA/IPSC has a set of 3 gun/multi-gun rules and puts on a multi-gun nationals.

There was a video I watched via facebook last night where, if I understand it correctly, the scores from the big 3 gun matches this year will be combined somehow and there will be an overall 2010 three gun champion declared and he'll be awarded with a $25,000 check.

I am guessing that footage of these bigger 3 gun matches is going to be aired on either the Versus channel or the Outdoor channel.

So, the NRA is trying to wriggle it's way into 3 gun/multi-gun and become that one overall umbrella organization.

The NRA Bianchi cup has never really interested me...but from what I have gathered, the NRA folks who work in the competition department have been listening to the USPSA and IDPA folks, and I guess there have been some rule changes made.....I guess...

shooterchris
02-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I understand what you are saying. I am familiar with the type of shooting you are speaking of, not as much as you are, but I am familiar. I am also not a stranger to the cost of a competition rifle, not the type that you use, but I do shoot cba matches and to build a heavy, or unrestricted rifle can run over $3000 easy. I have too many, just ask my wife. I guess that my point is that I do not have anyone that I know personally that uses blackpowder in anything other than a muzzle loader. That doesn't leave me with many avenues to learn anything about your type of shooting. Please don't take my remarks as an uneducated stab at your type of shooting as that was not my intention. BP shooters have my support in keeping your matches alive.

9.3X62AL
02-23-2010, 12:26 AM
the nra could have a lot more money to fund those programs if they did not send me a dang flyer every month trying to get me to renew when i just did. What a waste of paper and postage. My .02

Hear, Hear!

John Boy
02-23-2010, 12:48 AM
That doesn't leave me with many avenues to learn anything about your type of shooting.
Chris, you are absolutely correct unless if you have the itch for BPCR, you have to buy some books from the fellas that have been BPCR shooters for ages. Loading original powder rounds is a science and art all unto it's own, apart from reloading nitro powder rounds.
Reading suggestions and am sure folks can offer others:
Paul A Matthews series of books (look at them under Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought on Amazon ... http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Jacket-Paul-Matthews/dp/1879356023

And here is an excellent freebie ... Introduction to BPCR Loading (http://www.wahsatchdesperadoes.com/Intro_to_BPCR_Loading.pdf)

A super accurate starter rifle is the H&R Buffalo Classic for $400. This was my used starter rifle with the 38-55 barrel also. I loaded up some Triple Seven 45-70 rounds for it and went to range. I became a devote convert to BPCR when I sent 5 rounds down range at our club to a 600 yd target ... group was 7" x 2 1/4" with 3 holes that could be covered by a silver dollar. I had 2 club members as witnesses that day and since then BPCR has cost me thousands of dollars for molds, reloading equipment, more rifles and 'BPCR Stuff'. And I have never looked back to shooting nitro rounds after reading the books and hanging around the BPCR forums sponging off excellent information for those that are very knowledgeable. Currently, I have rifles that only taste original powder in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 45-70, 45-90 and 50-70. Caliber dependent, they are shot frequently at the sillywets and paper targets out to 1000yds. All because of that 1st day at the range with the El Cheapo H&R and the lucky 600yd group!

IMHO, there is nothing better then BPCR and enjoyable days at the ranges doing this ...
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/Meadowmucker/Ridgeway%20Oct%202007/PDRM2756.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/Meadowmucker/Ridgeway%20Oct%202007/PDRM2920.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/Meadowmucker/Ridgeway%20Oct%202007/PDRM2916.jpg

This is Homer out at 1000yds ... http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/Meadowmucker/Ridgeway%20Oct%202007/PDRM2901.jpg

PS: I haven't shot any substitute black powder rounds since that 1st day with El Cheapo! And thanks for your support for us BPCR folks. Please add your name to our Petition

waksupi
02-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Well, we vote for new board members this month. Pick well. I personally know a few of the people running, and will vote for them. The executive board needs cleaned out, as they have become as much Beltway Bandits as the politicians have. They may know the ropes, but don't have the killer instinct we need there.

PatMarlin
02-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Now you done made me want to get into it John ...:mrgreen:

Bout all I have to try is a real nice Trapdoor in 45-70.

boommer
02-23-2010, 01:34 AM
I don't agree with all the NRA does but it seems that we as members need to look at where they are going and they do a fair to good job fighting for our rights,BUT as far as I am concerned they call for more money all the time and that's fine, BUT YOU GIVE 20$ and they want to send you a hat or what ever. I think that's 10 bucks of merchandise and shipping they can save. THEY send you mindless ****, renewals 3 months after you renew,things most members just throw in the trash.ALL I would like is a list of who is friendly to gun gun rights before voting time. Then how about Midway you can round it up to give to the NRA this is great and they should be getting everybody on the band wagon here as far as supplier and stores, maybe a kick back of 25% ? so the supplier and stores can cover some there costs, some what on the paper work and maybe NON-members could help fund their rights. I think most sportsman would give their 73-51-34 cents.

Just a few thoughts on the NRA

buck1
02-23-2010, 03:07 AM
If all the gun owners would join The NRA , then they wouldnt have to always be looking for funds to protect your and my rights . And us members would not have to carry the dead beats who cant part with the price of one box of ammo a year to join.
If they are not steping up where they need to be , we need to tell them! In this thread alone they arnt doing enugh and they are doing too much. Sorry but aaaaall leagel guns would be gone by now if it wernt for the NRA. And we all need to do our part , and the nra is the biggest punch we got next to us wrighting congress. ....Buck

Buckshot
02-23-2010, 03:40 AM
If all the gun owners would join The NRA , then they wouldnt have to always be looking for funds to protect your and my rights . And us members would not have to carry the dead beats who cant part with the price of one box of ammo a year to join.
If they are not steping up where they need to be , we need to tell them! In this thread alone they arnt doing enugh and they are doing too much. Sorry but aaaaall leagel guns would be gone by now if it wernt for the NRA. And we all need to do our part , and the nra is the biggest punch we got next to us wrighting congress. ....Buck

Amen, & amen brother!

............Buckshot

johnlaw484
02-23-2010, 05:39 AM
The NRA could have a lot more money to fund those programs if they did not send me a dang flyer every month trying to get me to renew when I just did. What a waste of paper and postage. My .02

Yeah, what he said.
The NRA has a lot of issues that need to be addressed, this being one of them.
The only reason I support them is because they are the most identified by the liberals as the leader of the radical gun owners.

oldhickory
02-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Now you done made me want to get into it John ...:mrgreen:

Bout all I have to try is a real nice Trapdoor in 45-70.

Ain't nuthi'n wrong with a Trap-Door, Pat. Might not get you to national champion, but they can put in a very respectable showing. I saw a guy win a match at Shippensburg years ago with a Trap-Door, the only thing he altered on the gun was the sights.

jlchucker
02-23-2010, 10:15 AM

That, and political messages, questionnaires and the like. They are wasting a fortune better spent by mailing out all of that garbage to try and convince the already convinced.

thx997303
02-23-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm a bit tired of this.

Joining the NRA is a good thing, but it is NOT enough.

People need to work on their congressman, reps, etc.

Write letters, donate to campains, etc.

And to say that anybody who is not a member of the NRA is a dead beat, is just wrong.

Anybody who does nothing is a dead beat.

I personally know several people who are actively effecting change for the better when it comes to gun rights, and several of them are NOT members of the NRA.

Now, as to the topic at hand, The NRA needs to support this fine sport.

walltube
02-23-2010, 01:27 PM
...I'm not a BP shooter, but I am an NRA member and put my name in support of your cause. The Directors are needing a kick on the shins.

Wishing you success,

Y.T.
Wt.

RMulhern
02-23-2010, 08:34 PM
For years I've known people that have tried to get answers from the NRA regarding just who makes what up there and the only thing they've gotten in return is a PIE CHART!! No data that was meaningful!! You'd have to file a suit or hire an attorney to file a FOI paper to find out that info!! Me thinks that the petition is the proper way to possibly get the attention of the upper echelon of the NRA....but my suspicions are....based upon 55 years of dealing with the NRA....that you just as well may be out behind the barn whistiling Dixie!! Those boys up there have got 'em a 'Honey Hole'.....and the excuse of 'lack of funding'....means......PAYROLL FIRST!!

Russel Nash
02-23-2010, 09:21 PM
RMulhern wrote:

For years I've known people that have tried to get answers from the NRA regarding just who makes what up there and the only thing they've gotten in return is a PIE CHART!! ....

If you were to go to www.guidestar.com, then register there, log in, then you can do a search for the NRA's tax file'ings. They are called IRS Form 990's.

Guidestar.com has the NRA form 990's for 2006, 2007, and 2008. They are in a .pdf format, so you might have to update your Adobe Acrobat reader.

Somewhere in that Form 990, it will be listed what all the employees make.

John Boy
02-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Russell, one can only view all 990's in Guidestar if:
1. They buy the Premium Service
2. Are the designated registered person for a 990 organization on Guidestar and initiate the GuideStar Exchange steps.

Others just get a summary of the org with no capability to view the 990's

Russel Nash
02-24-2010, 06:55 PM
At first, I started punching in a long-ish post, but the long story short for the people following along at home...just try the guidestar.com thing for yourself. It works for me, and I didn't pay a dime for a premium membership.

RMulhern
02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
At first, I started punching in a long-ish post, but the long story short for the people following along at home...just try the guidestar.com thing for yourself. It works for me, and I didn't pay a dime for a premium membership.

Russel

Ok....why don't you make a quick trip over there.....cut/paste what the TOP DOGS are being paid and let us know???

:bigsmyl2:[smilie=p::veryconfu

Russel Nash
02-25-2010, 01:54 AM
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/gryphon1994/NRAForm9902008salaries.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/gryphon1994/NRAForm9902008.jpg

phaessler
02-25-2010, 06:51 AM
I really need ro figure out screen shots, and how to amke that much money in one hour a week.

Pete

Russel Nash
02-25-2010, 07:17 AM
On your keyboard, kinda on the right most third of it, near the top, but before you get to the numbers only keypad, there should be a button called "Print scr" for print screen.

I downloaded a free photo editing program called Irfanview. Just google that.

So you get to some screen that you want to take a capture of, then hit the print screen button.

Open up Irfanview, click on the black empty area, then hit the CNTRL+V to paste the screen capture to the Irfanview "clipboard".

VOILA! Your screen shot is now up and available for cropping or editing or whatever.

Then you can go to the upper left of Irfanview, click on file, just like any other program, then click on "Save as".

I saved it as something applicable and easily memorable, as a .jpg. Then I uploaded that to photobucket.

You can also do the CNTRL+V thing to paste it to a word .doc document for example.

Irfanview is also pretty handy at resizing images if you want to use them as avatars on forums.

switching gears here a bunch....I am wondering if say the American Red Cross is also set up as a non-profit and also has their tax info online too. Hmmn???

Yeah, it would be nice to bring in that much jack for just an hour a week.

oldfart1956
02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Fellers someone correct me if I'm reading this incorrect. I might not be puttin' a decimal in the right place. Did Lapierre really make 1.2 million dollars last year? And the payout for the next 4 officers is another 1.8 million dollars? Is that correct? That can't be right..is it? Audie..clutching his chest..the Oldfart..

Bill*
02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Damn.....Seems to be. I wonder how bad Chris Cox needs the $20 I send the NRA-ILA now and again. Maybe he can put it in for me as I made (grossed) less than 20k this year and he made 583K plus 77k (other comp?) SHEEEESH
Oh.....almost forgot-- THANK YOU RUSSEL!!!

DaveD
02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
I signed it, thanks for bringing to our attention.

John Boy
02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Russell's post didn't capture the 2008 compensation for Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President...
W-2 Wages ... $1,139,568
Other Reportable Income ... $123,533

And here is the 2008 Form 990 for the NRA Special Contribution Fund ... which is for the operation and maintenace of the Whittington Center ...
http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2008/237/367/2008-237367534-05747dd1-9.pdf

Whittington Center Compensation
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/Meadowmucker/BPCR/CCF022510_00000.jpg

SharpsShooter
02-25-2010, 06:49 PM
WE'RE PAYIN' LA PIERRE $550 AN HOUR??? I wanna follow him around for one day to see what in hell he does. Boys, an honest wage I'd never begrudge anyone, but he better be raising 10 times that non-inclusive of membership dues to be worth his paycheck

SS

jnovotny
02-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Right there is what is wrong with this whole darn world. You always have some fat cat wanting to get more than he deserves. I don't care what the heck he or anyone of them other high paid desk jockeys do they aint worth it. Sorry for the rant fellas but this just burns my butt.

Heavy lead
02-26-2010, 10:55 AM
What is the point of this thread? Seriously.
It is filled with whinning, crying, sniveling, petty argumentative points, and negative thoughts about THE ONLY inside the beltway gun lobby orginazation that works in our current system period.
You can have all the arguments against them for whatever reason, be it that they don't support your sport the way you would like, they give away cheesy gifts when they should use 100% of the money towards the fight, or they pay the employees too much.
It sounds like a episode of the View around here.
Like it or not these people earn every damn dime they make, they have contacts, knowledge, and wisdom that only a lifetime of experience doing what they do can only bring. Like it or not, most of the successful people in life earn what they do, not because they are overly smart, but rather of who they know, and what they can accomplish, their networking skills far surpass what a normal person can or ever will attain, it is a special talent.
Like it or not we'd better hope for a healthy NRA that pays good employees good wages not only for the second ammendment, but for the sake of the whole constitution.
Let us not go the route of the class warefare, it will put us all in the ground.

PatMarlin
02-26-2010, 11:27 AM
it sounds like a episode of the view around here.

...lol.

Timbo
02-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Heavy Lead:
I can respect your opinion, but I'm too much of an independent thinker to drink the cool-aid. I'll continue to support the NRA becasue they are the only game in town defending gun owners. But they certainly are distant, non-responsive and apparently inept at supportive communication with their membership. They need to remember it's our damn dime before it's theirs.
Respectfully,
Timbo

Russel Nash
02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
@ Heavy Lead...

I think you kinda missed the point, especially the point that John Boy was making when he posted the salaries of the Whittington Center Range.

Which, I guess is where, this big black powder nationals level match was supposed to be.

With those guys bringing in more than one million dollars a year combined salary-wise, I think they could have chipped in about a thousand bucks each out of their own pockets and put on the black powder match.

My point that I was getting at earlier, that I might not have nicely summarized and concluded for ya'll is that NRA is "dis'n" one sport so that he can chase advertising dollars with 3 gun competitions...in my opinion.

As far as the higher highers at the NRA being wise and having all this insider knowledge and what not...MAN! I sure wish they would spread that kinda wisdom around.

Heck, they wouldn't even have to pay me but forty thousand dollars a year for my one hour of work a week.

I'm guessing when you have 323 million dollars per year coming in ya don't really have to be all that buddy buddy with Congressman X or industry insider Y...I'm thinking they won't gasp if you use the wrong fork at some "Friends of the NRA" dinner.

Hmmn... looking over Heavy Lead's response...I am really beginning to think that "networking skills" is a euphemism for something else. I haven't figured out what that something else is just yet. [smilie=1:

Russel Nash
02-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh, yeah, for the Blackpowder competitors following along with this thread, my best advice to ya'll is to forget the grievance petition and give the finger back to the NRA by starting your own non-profit organization for blackpowder competitions. (That's why there is an IDPA, a USPSA, and at one time a separate Steel Challenge Association).

Then find a non-NRA paid for range to host your nationals at.

When you guys end up having your nationals, if you really want to muck things up, send the surrounding hotels and restaurants around the Whittington center a note telling them how much money they lost out on because some people at the NRA have their heads up their butts.

Heavy lead
02-26-2010, 03:10 PM
@ Heavy Lead...

I think you kinda missed the point, especially the point that John Boy was making when he posted the salaries of the Whittington Center Range.

Which, I guess is where, this big black powder nationals level match was supposed to be.

With those guys bringing in more than one million dollars a year combined salary-wise, I think they could have chipped in about a thousand bucks each out of their own pockets and put on the black powder match.

My point that I was getting at earlier, that I might not have nicely summarized and concluded for ya'll is that NRA is "dis'n" one sport so that he can chase advertising dollars with 3 gun competitions...in my opinion.

As far as the higher highers at the NRA being wise and having all this insider knowledge and what not...MAN! I sure wish they would spread that kinda wisdom around.

Heck, they wouldn't even have to pay me but forty thousand dollars a year for my one hour of work a week.

I'm guessing when you have 323 million dollars per year coming in ya don't really have to be all that buddy buddy with Congressman X or industry insider Y...I'm thinking they won't gasp if you use the wrong fork at some "Friends of the NRA" dinner.

Hmmn... looking over Heavy Lead's response...I am really beginning to think that "networking skills" is a euphemism for something else. I haven't figured out what that something else is just yet. [smilie=1:

Oh, oh, oh, no just figured it out, I'm done with them too, they make way more than me, so to hell with them, besides, how can I support someone that doesn't support my favorite shooting sport, which is IHWRSC (international homeowners wrist rocket speed competion).
We don't need no 2nd ammendment, why shucks the free press will protect it?

Russel Nash
02-26-2010, 09:21 PM
:groner:

You're still missing the point....

Why did the black powder shooters, who I am ASSuming, had a year after year Nationals level venue at the Whittington center...just up and all of a sudden get the cold shoulder from the NRA?

Riddle me that.

The classier thing to have done would have been 6 months to a year out announce and contact some figures in the black powder shooting competition to get the word out that their nationals won't be held at the Whittington center.

Ya...know...some people actually work real jobs and have to schedule their vacation time something like 6 to 9 months out in order to be able to make it to a nationals level match.

Heavy lead
02-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
You're still missing the point....

You are right, I am missing the point, please state it plainly,

What is it exactly do you propose we, you, I or anyone do about this situation, all I have read in this thread is pointing out flaws, perceived or real.
Please enlighten,
What is the point?
I believe that was my original question from my first post.
And, I believe a simple and direct question.

c3d4b2
02-27-2010, 11:39 AM
You are right, I am missing the point, please state it plainly

Plainly speaking, the issue is with the competitions department of the NRA. There are some serious issues with the department that need to see the light of day. The black powder national match situation being only one example.

Another example is the NRA High Power championship in Ohio. The NRA is doing a poor job with the match and the attendance continues to decline. There was a hardworking individual trying to turn the situation around and he was given the boot because his opinions (and the competitors opinions) were not shared by the head of the competitions division.

The general consensus of the head of the competitions division is he is lower than a snakes belly. The problem is he is a sycophant, and the competitors are isolated from the executive director, so he is able to continue his reign of incompetence.

The only way the problem will be corrected is if enough shooters raise there voices to get Lapierre to realize there is an issue that needs to be corrected.

oldfart1956
03-03-2010, 09:27 AM
HOLY {expletive deleted!} !! I just had it pointed out to me...look down at the hrs. worked and then the money. James Baker....1 hour per week...$240,000.00!! ROTFLMAO!!!!! Gotta go clean the coffee I just blew thru my nose all over the keyboard. Hey I'm not griping. I think it's hilarious! If they can get it, more power to 'em! Audie..

SharpsShooter
03-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Heavy,

I think the point is fairly obvious. The NRA is by it's own hand alienating gun owners that participate in certain disciplines. When they do so with the excuse of no funding, it is an insult to the paying members who have been told in effect that they are no longer important enough to be included in the budget for sanctioned competition.

I don't care if you shoot ear wax boollits from a fart powered pvc tube. If you are a gun owner / competitor, the NRA should have your back regardless of the discipline.

United we stand, divided we fall.

SS

Russel Nash
03-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Like I said previously, ya'll black powder shooters just need to start your own non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization...which later on down the road if the NRA wants to try to get back into organizing the competitions, ya'll can give the NRA the finger and say, "NO THANKS! We have our own organization now."

And at some point a few years down the road, somebody at NRA HQ will go look at your Form 990 and see how much money you all are making or how much more efficient you guys are and go, "Boys, we screwed up by not supporting black powder shooters."

The other benefit to starting your own organization is that no one else is going to look after you and yours better....well....better than ya'll.

runnin lead
03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
What happened to the BPTR world championship match ? What happened was that the NRA
wanted to schedule the match at Whittington Center follopwing the 2010 Nationals .
By scheduling the match following the nationals they would already have staff in place from the nationals to run the world championships. The problem , most of the countries that were going to compeat could not make it at that date . The NRA would not change the date to a date that would work for the other countries.
The issue seemed to be transportation for a few people to run the match, having to send them to Raton twice to work with the schedules of the other countries instead of once when they were already inplace.

Don McDowell
03-03-2010, 07:19 PM
What happened to the BPTR world championship match ? What happened was that the NRA
wanted to schedule the match at Whittington Center follopwing the 2010 Nationals .
By scheduling the match following the nationals they would already have staff in place from the nationals to run the world championships. The problem , most of the countries that were going to compeat could not make it at that date . The NRA would not change the date to a date that would work for the other countries.
The issue seemed to be transportation for a few people to run the match, having to send them to Raton twice to work with the schedules of the other countries instead of once when they were already inplace.

That's just a bullspit excuses, they knew in 2008 they offered to hold the World championship at Raton. They knew in July of 09 exactly who the team members were going to be. This isn't their first rodeo at this stuff. The NRA was founded off of the original Creedmoor long range matches.

Besides all that everyone that knows anything about the sport knows the traditional dates to hold that match is mid September.
I believe what needs to happen now is a complete boycott of ALL NRA matches in ALL disciplines until the board of directors can find people to fill the job vacancies that need to be created , to get the NRA shooting competitions back on track.

c3d4b2
03-03-2010, 08:39 PM
That's just a bullspit excuses, they knew in 2008 they offered to hold the World championship at Raton. They knew in July of 09 exactly who the team members were going to be. This isn't their first rodeo at this stuff. The NRA was founded off of the original Creedmoor long range matches.

That was long before Mr. Krei took over the competitions department.

I believe what needs to happen now is a complete boycott of ALL NRA matches in ALL disciplines until the board of directors can find people to fill the job vacancies that need to be created , to get the NRA shooting competitions back on track.

It will be hard to get the board of directors involved. If they do become involved, a comitte will be appointed to look into the situation. (Death by committee). The most effective thing to do would to be a constant annoyance to the bureaucrats that run the NRA. This will take a lot of people to send letters to be worthwhile.

The contact information is below for your convenience.

Jan Raab is National Director of High Power Rifle Programs,
Mike Krei is Director of Competitive Shooting Division.
Kane Robinson is Director of General Operations (Krei's boss).
Kane Robinson reports directly to Wayne LaPierre.
The President of NRA is John Sigler Ronald L. Schmeits.

The NRA address is
NRA,
11250 Waples Mill Rd.,
Fairfax, VA 22030

Send to: Attn:

It would be good to organize the other shooting disciplines at the same time.

Don McDowell
03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Well yeh it might be hard to get the board involved and perform their duties , but when 48% of the NRA's income goes to wages , there needs to be a major, major overhaul.

c3d4b2
03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Well yeh it might be hard to get the board involved and perform their duties , but when 48% of the NRA's income goes to wages , there needs to be a major, major overhaul.

There is no argument with the statement, but since the revolt in Cincinnati, the NRA has changed the board election practices that make this difficult. Basically they have set up the organization so it would take multiple years to make a significant change in the board.

The second issue trying to change the situation is the "The NRA is the only thing preventing gun confiscation" issue.

While many of us share your opinion, the question is how do we overhaul the situation without shooting ourselves in the foot?

Here is an interesting link.

http://www.vpc.org/nrainfo/chapter2.html

Don McDowell
03-04-2010, 12:30 AM
I don't think we'ld shoot ourselves in the foot. There's already alot of rumbling about a new federation for the bpcr shoots. The other disciplines could do the same thing.
I think we need to be working on the new federations, while maintaining the boycot on NRA shoots. The letter sent back already and posted on the Shiloh forum is a pretty thinly veiled threat, either put up with the way we treat you, or we drop your venue....
Sort of urges the response back to be go f y s.