PDA

View Full Version : It pays to ask..........

Cactus Farmer
02-21-2010, 02:21 PM
This A.M. while taking momma to breakfast a fellow came by with a hat that said "Tin Man". Ask what that the deal was and he told me he's retired and hauls off junk for something to do. I ask about lead and lead like stuff. He said he didn't get much and the didn't give much at the scrap yard. I said I would pay more than they did and he got a "lightbulb look" and said he did have a bar of babbit in the shop he didn't need............I tried to not look too pleased and said I would take it off his hands as I knew where it could be of some use.
Even a blind hog can find an acorn sometimes.:mrgreen:

GP100man
02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Make sure he`s got your contact number !!!

hoosierlogger
02-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Amen to that. I had a guy stop one day while I was cleaning out an old fence row along the back of one of my properties. He saw the large pile of old fence and other assorted steel. He asked what I was planning on doing with it. I told him if he would haul it off it was his. I asked him how much lead he came across, he said not much. I told him to keep me in mind if he finds any. Later that day he brought me a 1 pound coffee ingot can full of soft lead, for free WOO HOO!!!