PDA

View Full Version : Cetme wood stock problem? HELP!

broomhandle
02-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Hi Fellows,
I bought the used wood & metal parts from Centerfire - very nice!
The parts are suppose to be a quick interchangable deal. I know about swiching the metal tube to the small CETME unit.

The steel butt assembly part, will start on to the reciver but is very tight.

Also the German sheet metal section under the charging spring is cut about 5/8 of a inch fuller than the US made Century part- has a scallop shape.

Problem SOLVED! It is amazing what you can do if you study the problem & match a few dimentions!

I had to slightly bend two areas on the new German sheet metal. It fits BETTER than the Century unit now!
Best,
broomhandle

Storydude
02-21-2010, 01:43 AM
What exactly were you trying to do? Place Hk sheetmetal stock mount and wood on a CETME?

You have to swap buffers(big metal things the stock-bolt screws into) or your CETME bolt carrier will smash the firing pin into the bolt, attempting to set the rollers...Leading to dimpled receiver rails.

Also, when using the CETME buffer in the Hk Wood stocks, you have to whack about 3/8" off of the bottom of the buffer to clear the bottom of the rec. and lower, as well as adding spacers to the stock bolt to make up the difference between the Hk mounting and the CETME mounting.

broomhandle
02-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi Storydude,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please let me know where you got your info?

I got this from a big dealer in the HK/ Cetme parts.
I was all ready to shoot the rifle.
I'm waiting for more info. I don't want to ruin a nice rifle.
It functions with primed cases.

Cetme - HK G3 Compatibility page!
(are HK parts a match for your Cetme?)
YES, the below HK parts will work perfect on a Cetme
Barrels Yes
Barrel Retainer Pins Yes
Firing Pin Yes*
Spring, for firing pin Yes*
Rollers Yes
+2, +4 Rollers Yes
Retainer Plate and Roll Pin Retainer for Rollers Yes
Extractor Yes*
Extractor Spring Yes*
Recoil Spring Yes*
Backplate or Complete recoil Assembly Yes with minor fitting to the plastic sleeve at the end of the spring guide rod
Complete Stock set Yes with minor fitting to the plastic sleeve at the end of the spring guide rod
Collapsible Stock Yes with minor fitting to the plastic sleeve at the end of the spring guide rod
Buttstock Yes with minor fitting (needs the buffer hole matched to use the cetme buffer)
Grip Frames Yes
Complete Trigger Pack Yes (but no individual parts)
Rear Sight Yes (but only if entire sight base is swapped)
Handguards, Slim Yes
Handguards Wide Yes with minor fitting. Just like the old style HK triple frame, the cetme has a bipod retaining ring that prevents the wide from installing
Pistol Grip Yes
Triple Frames Yes
Flash Hider Yes
Eyeloop for triple frame Yes
Cocking Handle Yes*
Spring for cocking handle Yes*
Pivot Pin for cocking handle Yes
Mag Catch parts Yes
Paddle mag release Yes
End Cap, Dust Cover Yes (but cetme will not fit g3)
Bayonet Adapter Yes*
Bayonet Yes* (only when using adapter)
Retainer Pins Yes*
Blank Firing Adapter Yes
Claw, Stanag Scope Mount Yes
POF Carry handle and Port Buffer Yes (carry handle slight modification to cetme handguard)

*these items not only interchange but are an improvement over existing Cetme parts. Over the years some items have been strengthened or improved by HK.

No, the below HK parts will not work on a Cetme:
Trunions No
Bolt Carriers No
Locking Lever for bolt carrier No
Bolt Head No
Locking Piece No
Cocking Tube No
Support for Cocking Handle No
Recoil Buffer No unless using HK buttstock
individual fire control group parts like trigger, sear, hammer: No
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to: CETME only Parts Page

Back to: G3 - HK91 Parts

PHONE ORDERS: 623-362-3459

Home | MG Parts: | HK91 / G3 Parts: | HK94 / MP5 Parts: | HK93 / 33 Parts: | P38 / P1 Parts: | Uzi Parts | Misc Gun Parts
Cleaning Kits / Supplies: | Clothing and Gear: | Links Page: | About Us | Contact Us | Site Map |

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Ordering Information Click Here!
RTG Parts
623-362-3459

RobertRTG@earthlink.net
This page was last updated September 11, 2009

Storydude
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.prexis.com/sten/homebuilder/index.php?board=26.0

And the few that I've built from bent flats.

Hold the Hk stock retainer(metal thing with the recoil spring) and the CETME retainer next to each other. See how much lower the Hk buffer hole is in the Retainer?
Now look at the Hk buffer and the CETME buffer.
See how the CETME buffer has a cut on the pin for the Firing pin to recess into?

If you are using a CETME wood stock, in an Hk retainer, you need to use the CETME buffer to allow the stock to mount. the Hk doesn;t have long enough of a bolt. To fit the CETMe buffer into the Hk retainer, you need to whack off about 3/8" from the bottom of the buffer.

Recoil Buffer No unless using HK buttstock

broomhandle
02-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Complete Stock set Yes with minor fitting to the plastic sleeve at the end of the spring guide rod

Hi Storydude,

Thanks, I have to register to get in.
I called Centerfire arms this morning & talked to their tech guy.

He said the problem comes up if you mix Cetme & H&K parts in the "same assemble". I switched the whole rear end metal & wood. I did not have to shorten bolts or cut anything.
I looked around on the web & I think it is OK. as many people have done the switch I did.
He said if the charging handle works & I can fire a primed case I'm good to go!

I will look for more info before I shoot it.
I really respect your ability & experiance in building them from a flat. I'm going to be real careful.
I did check the dimentions of the two units & "to me" it looks like the firing pin has a nest in the correct place.

ADDED 2-23 -10 Shot the Cetme used cast loads to prove it fired, then shot jacketed mil surp South African 7.62 bullets worked well no issues.

Thanks again,
broomhandle