PDA

View Full Version : The Absolute Best Recipe for Backstrap!!!!

whitedogone
02-18-2010, 12:09 AM
The Absolute Best Recipe for Backstrap!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here is, by far, the best recipe I have ever found for cooking backstrap.

Ingredients:
Deer backstrap.
Bacon- thin sliced and cheap
toothpics
cream cheese
kokoman terakyi-soy sauce maranade
garlic powder (not garlic salt!)
pepper
pepper-Jack cheese- thin slices
cooked-crumbled-pork sausage
Jalapenos- remove seeds and cut into slivers (or use ones that come in a jar)
onion- Cut into slivers 1in long
meat tenderizer mallet ( or flat pan or baking dish)

Lay the backstap out and cut 3/4 in filets.

Take a meat tenderizor and beat until the meat is flattened out to the size of a softball (or use a flat pan or baking dish to flatten it).

Now dip the meat into a shallow dish of the Kokoman maranade. Then dust with garlic powder and pepper.

Now spread cream cheese on one entire side of the meat. The more the better.

Now sprinke some of your cooked-crumbled sausage in the middle.

Add your onions and Jalapeno slivers. I usually us 1 or 2 Jap. slivers and 2 or 3 onion slivers.

Now take one side of the meat and roll it all up like a sushi roll.

Wrap the roll in bacon and secure with toothpics.

Now cook on the grill until the bacon is cooked like you like it.
About five minutes before you think they are completely done add the slice of pepper jack cheese to top of each roll and let melt.

Remove and cool for a couple of mintues (the cream cheese will be very hot)
and enjoy.

I promise you will not be disappointed!

fourarmed
02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Yow! Now THAT is over the top.

fourarmed
02-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I was telling my wife about your recipe, and her response was "Why waste loin on that recipe? Any old hunk of shoulder or neck meat would be delicious with all that."

whitedogone
02-22-2010, 07:05 PM
You's gots to try it! I have made it with meat cut from the sirlion tip roast when I was out of loins.

crowbuster
03-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Sounds good to me but I would risk life and limb if I took a piece of "my wifes loin" and used it for that, those backstraps are more sacred than gold as far as she is concerned, thanks for sharing though.

C.B.

kbstenberg
03-01-2010, 10:24 AM
The trouble i have with extensive recipes is that they take away the natural flavor of the meat. Which my better half an i like. We like just lightly seasoned with what Cub grocery calls a 12 season mix. Or Marinade in Italian dressing. Neither one covers the flavor just adds to it.
But on a shoulder roast i mite have to try the recipe

whitedogone
03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds good to me but I would risk life and limb if I took a piece of "my wifes loin" and used it for that, those backstraps are more sacred than gold as far as she is concerned, thanks for sharing though.

C.B.

Sounds like you just need to shoot more deer and cut up more loins :kidding:

I cut up 6 deer last season. I'm just feeding the wife and I and my daughter who will come home every couple of months and grab a package or two. So there will be plenty of lion to go around here. Ifin youall prefer to slap a loin on the grill and char both sides, side it on a plate, stuff it in the pie hole, so be it.

Heavy lead
03-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm thinking I'm running with this on an elk backstrap this weekend, sounds good.

whitedogone
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I've done it with elk straps as well. Just don't overcook (as always with venison) and you'll be in for a treat. I might ad, if some of your guests don't care for "the japs you can use green peppers as a sub.

44man
03-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I was telling my wife about your recipe, and her response was "Why waste loin on that recipe? Any old hunk of shoulder or neck meat would be delicious with all that."
OOPS, back up. Shoulders from young deer are far better then hind quarter meat.
Neck meat is funny with all the fat that needs cut away but it makes great burger.
I like this recipe and any piece of meat big enough should be real good. I sure will print it out and try it.

MT Gianni
03-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Neck meat if cleaned of fat is one of the most flavorful meats there is. Roast it slow with moisture.

44man
03-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Neck meat if cleaned of fat is one of the most flavorful meats there is. Roast it slow with moisture.
That is not what I meant. It IS good meat but pieces can be too small and thin. I used to clean off all the fat, glands and make sure all the yellow tendons at the top are removed, then roast the whole neck but there was always something not tasty sneak in.
Now I strip the meat and grind it.
After killing over 350 deer I still feel the hind quarters are the worst and need cooked different but a shoulder can be made into BBQ or just roasted. The shoulder is the only piece I leave whole but I bone the rest of the deer.
Back straps are boned out, also the loin and left whole until the cooking method is decided, steaks or stuffed.
Try this for a shoulder.