PDA

View Full Version : What Places online do you buy casting stuff from?

340six
02-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I normaly look at Midway and they have sales and such but would like to see what places others buy from for moulds and pots ect.....

Muddy Creek Sam
02-16-2010, 09:19 PM
http://www.natchezss.com/

Gee_Wizz01
02-16-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.grafs.com/ & http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/

HangFireW8
02-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I buy anywhere reputable with the best price. For Casting items, that usually means MidSouth.

F&M Reloading (http://www.fmreloading.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FMR&Category_Code=Equipment) often has the best price on their Lee and Lyman items, but their website is horribly slow and often does not reflect current inventory. They have a lot of gaps in their product lineup as well. I always phone in orders there. Other than that service is good and it is worth dealing with them for the prices they have.

-HF

Marlin Hunter
02-16-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.natchezss.com/

+1

The only thing bad is they don't take returns, unless it is damaged or they sent the wrong item.

RobS
02-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Midway and Midsouth shooters most of the time.............Kittery Trading Post is where I bought my RCBS Lubricator and Lee pot as they always have Free shipping on purchase over $75.

I will shop around until I find the best price and where I know there is a good customer service department in case there are problems and I need to return things. MidwayUSA and Midsouth are excellent for customer service.

Here are a few others not mentioned:

www.cabelas.com for a few casting related things

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/2,116.html

https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=38&Itemid=41&vmcchk=1&Itemid=41

Mk42gunner
02-17-2010, 02:49 AM
I buy anywhere reputable with the best price. For Casting items, that usually means MidSouth. ...-HF

I bought a lot of stuff from Midway over the years, then they started charging for shipping; which wasn't bad when I was in the Navy, but once I retired I moved back to Missouri and I really dislike paying both shipping and sales tax. I have had nothing but excellent service from Midsouth.

Robert

HangFireW8
02-17-2010, 10:31 AM
I bought a lot of stuff from Midway over the years, then they started charging for shipping; which wasn't bad when I was in the Navy, but once I retired I moved back to Missouri and I really dislike paying both shipping and sales tax. I have had nothing but excellent service from Midsouth.

Robert

I still remember the howls of protest when Midway started charging for shipping, and then Potterfield brought in outside investors and went on an African Safari, that was a public relations SNAFU 1-2 punch. Not that he cared as he was getting into the NRA high flying set and getting on TV shows and whatnot.

I still buy from Midway, when they have the best prices and/or they are the only one with stuff in stock. Their customer service is excellent, but then again, so are the other usual sources, Natchez, MidSouth, Grafs, Wideners. I am sorry to see Lock Stock & Barrel go, they had the inside track on Hornady blem J-Bullets. I wonder has anyone else picked up on this market? They gotta go somewhere.

-HF

richbug
02-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I am sorry to see Lock Stock & Barrel go, they had the inside track on Hornady blem J-Bullets. I wonder has anyone else picked up on this market? They gotta go somewhere.

-HF

In the last 5 years, Midway and Midsouth both have had them. I nearly killed my UPS guy 2 years ago with Midway.

That'll Do
02-21-2010, 04:00 AM
I buy primarily from MidwayUSA and Cabelas. I like purchasing from places that I'm familiar with.

Although I have bought a good bit of lead alloy from Lead&Brass.com...enough that my mailman probably hates my guts...

WHITETAIL
02-21-2010, 09:24 AM
I shop around.
If mid-way or mid south has a better buy then thats where I go.:coffee:

1Shirt
02-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Like Whitetail, I shop for the best deal. Ususlly ends up Midway or GRAF.
1Shirt!:coffee:

wiljen
02-21-2010, 09:57 AM
No one has mentioned Wideners.com yet so I'll throw that name out too.

bertus
02-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I bought a lot through ebay a lot of american companies won`t ship to the netherlands and because of the fact that a lot of dutch shops charge you the dollar price in euros a rcbs mold over here costs easily 120$,I bought them new on ebay for about 60$ that includes shipping.
same goes for dies over here for a set of lee dies over here about 80$ through ebay again including shipping I paid 50$ for a set of hornady M1 carbine dies

Regards,Oscar

Shiloh
02-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Midway, Natchez, Midsouth, Sinclair Int'l,

Haven't purchased from Wideners for about 2 years.

Natchez has better prices than Midway but makes up for it on shipping. Midway has started getting spendy as well.

Shiloh

scb
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Mid South, Mountian Moulds, CBE, NEI, Castboolits

winelover
02-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Natchez has better prices than Midway but makes up for it on shipping. Midway has started getting spendy as well.

Shiloh[/QUOTE]

AGREED! However, Natchez has an annoying HANDLING charge. I only buy from them when I can't get it at Midsouth.

Winelover

Marvin S
02-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Midsouth if they have it as that's usually the best price. Use to buy a lot from Midway but prices are high. Sometimes Buffalo Arms and Hunington's for some oddball stuff.

Shooter6br
02-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Witout a questiiond Midsouth For years and years

Changeling
02-21-2010, 03:46 PM
I've been ordering a lot of stuff lately and I can tell you this, Natchez is the highest shipping on the Internet, Midway is fairly high also, the best deal I received was at Midsouth if you are ordering more than 0ne or two items, the initial shipping is high.

Shiloh
02-21-2010, 04:14 PM

Shiloh

AGREED! However, Natchez has an annoying HANDLING charge. I only buy from them when I can't get it at Midsouth.
Winelover[/QUOTE]

Yep, $3.99

Shiloh

Shiloh
02-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Midway has really jacked shipping. Use to be actual cost.

Shiloh

wistlepig1
02-21-2010, 04:48 PM
Midway and Midsouth first then the rest

emorris
02-27-2010, 11:33 PM
F&m usually has the lowest prices but they carry a limited product line. Their shipping is slow and you have to call to find out if an item has been backordered. My molds have not been shipped after over two weeks!!!! One plus is their 9.99 shipping up to $100 order. Midway has the best customer service, but their shipping seems high. Grafs &son prices are close to midway's and they have a $4.50 flat shipping charge. Cabelas often has sales on supplies and the cabelas points are helpful. The point is not to rely on only source for your needs as competition between the suppliers will help keep prices low (or getting higher). It often pays to compare prices and consider the shipping handeling charge while shopping. I do not have a problem ordering from any of the companies that i listed or others have listed. As far as my molds ordered from f&m, i already expected that it would take time for me to get the items. Speaking of backorders, i have some winchester small pistol primers that have been on backorder from cabelas since sept. 09, i usually call every other week t check on them (just for fun).

Bulltipper
02-27-2010, 11:44 PM
Midway and Brownells. Gunbroker is a cool auction website and they are pretty fair. I wouldn't pee on ebay if they were on fire...

boommer
02-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Midsouth and Buffalo arms for the most part.

Daddyfixit
02-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Graf & Sons (flat $4.50 shipping)

stubshaft
02-28-2010, 03:16 AM
Midway!

Graf & Sons has good prices but their flat rate $4.50 fee is bogus. Last time I ordered the prompt showed it as the total shipping cost and when I got the invoice they had charged me $14.95. Will never order again from them!

sirgknight
03-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Be careful when ordering from Graf and Sons. The shipping fee will fool you. Their prices are jacked up to make up for the shipping. In most cases you can save money by ordering from someone else and pay a higher shipping fee, but still save on the bottom line.

edsmith
03-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Midsouth

emorris
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Ordered molds from f&m on 2/5/09 finally came in today. only took over a month.

cherokee235b
03-10-2010, 06:31 PM
www.trackofthewolf.com is another source for casting and cartridge loading.

JesseCJC
03-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I get all of my stuff from midway, hard to beat how fast they ship the items out

Greenhorn44
03-10-2010, 08:27 PM
No ones said BPS... So im not gonna say it either :) I typycallypurchase my equipment straight from Lee. Excellent Customer Service. And If there is anything wrong, they will take care of you.

largom
03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
For over 30 yrs. Midsouth has been my first choice. I only buy from Midway during my "birthday discount" period and then only if they are cheaper.

Larry

wallenba
03-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Midway, Grafs, and Able Ammo.

Viper225
03-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Missouri Bullet Company for #2 Alloy in 66 Lb lots, so it ships Flat Rate.

sourceofuncertainty
08-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I order a lot from Grafs, and then Midway if Graf's doesn't have an item. I can't stand Natchez's website (horrible organization, impossible to find things) though I have ordered from them before. Wideners is good and sometimes has an item that's hard to find.

I'm a Curio & Relic (03 FFL) holder so I get a discount at Grafs that makes them hard to beat on many items. The $30 fee for the license is well worth it in discounts you can get from Grafs, Midway, Brownells and others. I strongly recommend looking in to that if you expect to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on reloading gear over the next 3 years.

Sixgun Symphony
08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
There is alot of good, used casting/reloading equipment for sale on ebay.