PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson M 10 Snubbie

KCSO
02-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Well here it is, almost??? I picked up the 1957 M10 and it was perfect 100% blue with no cylinder lines and a new Roy Baker pancake holster made in the 70's. I hiked it over to a collector friend and he gave me a slightly used one made in 1969 and cash to boot. The 1957 version is going to the vault and will never be shot again. I asked the owner and he said when he got the gun from his Dad it had had 6 rounds through it and was never cleaned. It was covered with dried oil and I had to spray it with WD to get it loosened up. A Smith with NO cylinder line is an unused Smith! This one belonged to a Trooper Friend and was issued to him in 1984 and was carried a little before they went to semi auto's. I got this one to replace my old M10-6 HB that was about wore out. The gun was made before the quality decline in the late 70's and shoots center with 158's at 850 fps. Being an old fashioned guy I still carry a revolver on occasion and this is about the best snubbie going if you want the extra round.

dubber123
02-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Nice looking gun. I have a 2" 64 that I carry some when bumming around. The 2" k's are neat.

Geraldo
02-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Nice...I love snubby M10s or M&Ps. Before high capacity semi-autos became all the range they were the standard in self-defense. In whatever role you use it, it will serve you well.