PDA

View Full Version : My hat goes off to Green River, Wy

six_gun
02-15-2010, 01:22 PM
I have 3 sons who live in Green River, Wyoming. Every time I go over we take a few hours out to go to the City Park and do a little shooting. This time I took my TC Contender in 30-30 and an old Marlin 336 in 30-30.

The City Council of Green River, in its wisdom has created a geat little 500 yard shooting range complete with a covered fireing line and shooting benches. There is a sign that askes the users to be safe and please don't litter. There is sufficient garbage disposal for shot up boxes etc.

I have lilved my whole life in the west where guns are in evidence everywhere and everyone has one, but I have never seen a city with the guts to sponser a shooting range within the city limits. My hat goes off to Green River, Wyoming.

Sixgun

gray wolf
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Hooo/Raaa
One for us, And my hat is off also.

beagle
02-15-2010, 01:40 PM
That's great.

Every town needs a park like that and liberal big cities like Los Angeles and New York need 25 or 30 each.

Promotes harmony between the good and bad elements in a community./beagle

TCLouis
02-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I think the shooting ranges (Albuquerque or Bernalillo County) are city park and within city limits.

Great facility with reasonable user fees when I used it 10 years ago.

runfiverun
02-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Dick.
you forgot the public range up highway 191 towards firehole thats open through the summer.
i usually just go outta town a ways and find a canyon seems thats what most others do too.

lonewelder
02-16-2010, 12:23 AM
vernal ut has a public range.i was there when it was just getting underway,but then it was shoot as much as you want and clean up after yourself.but there is blm land all over up there you can shoot any where you want.hell,you can buy powder and primers at wallmart.i know but the wife won't move and i love the kids!by the way i love green river,they have a great hock shop.