PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for RCBS mold help!

LouisianaMan
02-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, I don't remember where on this forum I saw the advice, so I'll say "thanks!" right here.

I've used Lee molds for a while now, but broke in my first RCBS mold a couple of weekends ago. I noticed that I REALLY had to squeeze the handles to hold the mold fully shut, and sometimes I got minor finning on bullet noses if I didn't pay strict attention to this. That may also be why my bullets were significantly fatter than expected, and my mold handles were starting to crack!

Anyway, I encountered the statement somewhere here that guys routinely punch in the alignment / locking pins a bit to eliminate this problem. I just went and did that and my problem's solved.

Thanks again--lots of great advice on this forum.

Wally
02-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Well, I don't remember where on this forum I saw the advice, so I'll say "thanks!" right here.

I've used Lee molds for a while now, but broke in my first RCBS mold a couple of weekends ago. I noticed that I REALLY had to squeeze the handles to hold the mold fully shut, and sometimes I got minor finning on bullet noses if I didn't pay strict attention to this. That may also be why my bullets were significantly fatter than expected, and my mold handles were starting to crack!

Anyway, I encountered the statement somewhere here that guys routinely punch in the alignment / locking pins a bit to eliminate this problem. I just went and did that and my problem's solved.

Thanks again--lots of great advice on this forum.

I had that trouble with one---I use a smooth jawed vice to push the alingment pins in just enough to fix the problem