PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Saeco Lubrisizer

xringshutr
02-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I had to work this weekend but my dad called me from the gunshow and said, "I just bought a nice Saeco lube sizer for you. I hope you wanted it. $60 with a .358 sizer and a top punch. It is one of the older black ones, but in great shape. Hope it was a good deal?" :mrgreen::mrgreen: Thanks dad, yes, it was a good deal!!! Sometimes I do get lucky.

Will post some pics when I get home.

I'm going to run this one with Carnauba Red for rifle boolits.

lurch
02-11-2010, 01:05 AM
If I didn't already have a couple, I'd be intensely jealous. That was a find...

Doc Highwall
02-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I have three of them. Sold my Lyman and RCBS cheep to a friend to help him get into casting. Do your self a favor, SAECO makes a blank top punch and have some body like Buckshot modify it to accept Lyman/RCBS top punches.

xringshutr
02-13-2010, 02:10 AM
Thanks Doc, I'll get that blank top punch and get in contact with Buckshot. Great idea. It would be nice to use RCBS/Lyman punches since I already have an original RCBS LAM. It was my first "press style" lubrisizer. I had been running Lee push through's.

I made up a batch of speed green and have been sizing 45-230 gr RN's with it. It works really nice! No heat and it fills the lube grooves nice. Hope the Saeco will be just as easy. The LAM is not quite as quick as the Lee, but it sizes right on .452 and squares off the base of the bullet perfectly!

The Saeco top punch's are tough to find and expensive when purchased new so I will definetely follow through on your recommendation.

Any other tips for a new/old Saeco lube sizer owner?