PDA

View Full Version : Buckshot resident genius

JudgeBAC
06-12-2006, 05:53 PM
I bought a hollow base mold for a .41 mag. It had no hollow base pin with it. (Only paid $5.00 for it.) it was almost brand new. I contacted the resident genius, Buckshot who said he could help me out. I sent the mold to him and in no time I received it back and wow!!! what a great job. If you need mold work, he is definately the man for the job. Thanks Buckshot, you are a very talented.

357maximum
06-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah, Buckshot de man, he will even build something for you he thinks to be unneccessary.

Buckshot
06-12-2006, 11:09 PM
..................You two are too much. Very humbling. I oughta save all these up so I can show Donna that something usefull DOES come out of the garage :-)

...............Buckshot

9.3X62AL
06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
His skill isn't limited to the work shop, either--he whupped me soundly at the Burrito Shoot yesterday, too. A real Man For All Seasons, this guy.

Bucks Owin
06-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, Buckshot de man, he will even build something for you he thinks to be unneccessary.

You ain't so bad yerself amigo! I'm still amazed with that "bonus" lube you sent me...

This forum is chock full of great guys. I've had complementary gaschecks, bullets and lube given to me by folks at their expense as well as great "behind the scenes" advice that has really helped me concoct better "homegrown" projectiles from lead...

This place is great!

Dennis

lovedogs
06-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Buckshot, I hope that's not Donna standing next to you in your photo. I assume Donna is your better half, but you never know with some fellas. I know some think it's odd to see me going down the road hugging my Border Collie. They don't understand that I'm just keeping her from breaking her nose on the windshield when she spots deer along the road. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

357maximum
06-14-2006, 07:10 PM
You ain't so bad yerself amigo! I'm still amazed with that "bonus" lube you sent me...

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis, BTW at what velocity and in what did you try it in? How'd you like the looks of the barrel when you were done shooting? I posted a real similar version of the lube I sent you awhile back, I forget where here exactly, but it is here somewhere. The only ingredient I left out of the recipe from what I sent you turned out to be unneccessary so I got rid of it. "Mikes' Magical Mystery Lube" was an expensive endeavor, but I was tickled in the end. I am done looking......
Michael

Bucks Owin
06-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks, Dennis, BTW at what velocity and in what did you try it in? How'd you like the looks of the barrel when you were done shooting? I posted a real similar version of the lube I sent you awhile back, I forget where here exactly, but it is here somewhere. The only ingredient I left out of the recipe from what I sent you turned out to be unneccessary so I got rid of it. "Mikes' Magical Mystery Lube" was an expensive endeavor, but I was tickled in the end. I am done looking......
Michael

Have tried it with the 250K at 1475 fps (love them long barrels...heh heh) and the 310 Lee at 1250 in .44 cal

148 LWC at 950 fps, 141 gr cast HP at 1360, 158 SWC at 1300 and 165 SWC at 1200 fps in .357 mag.

I fired 100 rds of .357 yesterday with very slight leading in the M-19, ZERO leading with the .44 loads in the Flattop. (And it's bore ain't "match quality" as far as smoothness goes!)

Great stuff! (I'll be getting in touch when my supply runs out!) ;) Barrels look great, my chrono isn't covered with "droppings", and it's less messy to use than most when heated up...

Dennis

PS: I'm still tempted to have a swig, sure smells good melted! :D

357maximum
06-16-2006, 05:45 PM
PS: I'm still tempted to have a swig, sure smells good melted!

I am sure that if you did YOUR BORE would see velocities it was not designed to handle.

Michael