I know I have a box of English flints someplace [smilie=1: [smilie=1:

But I will see if I can find them

If I can't and have to order more

The last time I ordered flints , I got them from Track of the Wolf

Is there a better place to get them ?

John

waksupi
02-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Look for board member Rich Pierce. I got some from him, and will be buying more soon. Good prices. The flints from Track are good, and are about the only other game in town, I believe.

nicholst55
02-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Track now has French amber flints in some sizes, in addition to the English flints.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/TableList.aspx?catID=2&subID=29&styleID=1268

northmn
02-10-2010, 08:05 AM
E-Mail Rich Pierce at Rpierce@im.wustl.ed. He only charges a dollar shipping for a dozen flints if that is all you want to order. They are white flints, but spark and work very well. As least as good as English flints. I just saw lapidary cut agate flints in Gander Mountain. I believe 4 of them were something like $14 in a bubble pack. Bubble packs must be expensive.

Northmn

rhbrink
02-10-2010, 08:09 AM
I have some ordered from Rich Pierce haven't received them yet but the price is right, he said that he was running about 12 dozen behind might take a week or two to get them to me. Also will let you try them before you buy them, pretty good deal I think. RPIERCE@DOM.wustl.edu

Hanshi
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I've laid by a good supply of Rich Pierce flints in three sizes. I've also ordered a supply of TF flints from TOTW. There's no such thing as "enough" flints! RP flints appear to be about the best by you will find plus he is a great guy to deal with. They do evermore spark, too.

Johnch
02-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the info

But I found the box last night while looking for something else

I even had more than I thought

LOL
At the rate I am shooting the rifle
My small stash will last me decades

John