PDA

View Full Version : Saeco 432

sundog
04-29-2005, 09:02 AM
This is a nominal 265 gr RF GC with a grease groove and crimp groove. Made a nice deal with another board member and am a happy camper so far. Cast some really nice boolits the other evening and they I've got 50 checked, FWFL'd, and ready to go. Even gifted Felix ten of them for testers yesterday. Shot a few last evening over 14.0 H108 but it was too late for any real testing. They shot good though. Mine weigh 261 WWs bare with a touch of 50/50 solder. Loaded to crimp groove it looks a little long to feed through a lever, but I'll have to try that over the weekend. It's always a pleasure to use a quality mould!

Anyone else shoot this boolit? Any particularly good load data? Using surplus powder this might be another good candidate for castpics..., or maybe I should go look. Might already be there, well duh. sundog

edit: Yup, just looked and several good loads listed there for 44 Spl and 44 Mag, but is there anything else?

Sky C.
04-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Howdy Sundog-

The Saeco 432 is my staple bullet for revolvers. It's too long when seated at the crimp groove for the M-92 actions. Don't know for sure about the Marlins but I think they'll swallow them OK.

First time out to the range with my 92 that's what I had loaded and they wouldn't cycle through the action. Single loaded - they cut a nice 5 shot group as below using 18 gr. AA-9. Open sights, shot off elbows seated at bench.

My next trial of these will be to seat deeper and crimp on the nose with a LEE FCD and see if it'll do as well. The nose is pretty wide up front so I think it'll work OK.

Best regards-

Sky C.

Pb head
04-30-2005, 12:19 AM
If anyone is interested I just got an E Blast from Midway offering that mould under inventory reduction in the 4 cav for $77 or so. They say only 4 available. I used the plain base version as a basis for a custom mould from Dan with a few modifications, namely making it a 2 groove and sized for a .200 length throat on a marlin lever cowboy. Worked out very very well.

Pb head

Dutch4122
04-30-2005, 05:39 AM
Pb head-

Would you mind sharing that design with me? Been tinkering with the idea of doing a design through Dan that will feed through a Marlin lever action.

Thanks,