PDA

View Full Version : Woods loafing

Jack Stanley
06-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Had a little extra time this morning before church so I decided to do a little shooting out back . Didn't want to get loud or heavy so I slipped the leash off the Browning model 53 and grabbed a border shift bag of ammo .
Had some fun blasting the steel woodchuck and decided to check on the progress of some trees I had planted . The Browning doesn't get out a lot but it sure does carry well every time I take it . I spent a little time just sitting in a fence row enjoying the weather ( and waiting for any unsuspecting woodchucks ) . There's lots to be said about a light rifle that's quiet and knocks down small game so well . Easy on both powder and lead , it's hard to not like this combo for sure .
While I have shot some hollow points out of this rifle , most of the bullets have been made from an old H&G mold I had years before the rifle was made . Velocity of this load is subsonic but one of these days I'd like to make up a high velocity load just for fun . So many loads so little time ......................

Jack

JDL
06-12-2006, 09:03 AM
It is nice to just to soak in all of God's gifts isn't it? Isn't the Browning chambered in .32-20? I have a '94 carbine that I put to the same use and everytime I'm reminded how great it carries. -JDL

Jack Stanley
06-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Yes , the Browning is chambered in the 32-20 . I just love it , low report and recoil with the loads I'm using . It's as accurate as my eyes will let it and it's easy to carry . Lot's of pluses for a short range rifle .:-D

Jack