PDA

View Full Version : buehler rings for scope base

Newtire
02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
I have a question about something that I can't find a category for.

I recently found a scope base in my collection that is a Buehler brand. It is missing the front ring and was wondering if any other brand rings would work. It looks like a Redfield mount I had once with a hole in the front for the front ring and the rear ring gets clamped on.

It has set screws to adjust the base with or tighten it up and it has a knife edge that just happens to fit right around the top strap of my single six now that I have sanded away enough metal on both ends of the mount.

My question is, does anyone know if Leupold or Redfield rings fit these bases? This is the answer to my non-adjustable sight problem on my single six!

madsenshooter
02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't think Redfields or Leupolds will work. The Buehler mounts I have take a front ring with a fully circular base. Competition on flea-bay gets fierce for Buehler rings, if you're not there at the end to out snipe someone, you often don't win. Perhaps finding a set at a gunshow would be a better proposition.

Johnch
02-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Buehler Scope Mounts
17 Orinda Way
Orinda, CA. 94563
925-254-3201

Call and find out

John

Bullshop
02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I have a set of Buehler rings here in my junk,ah ah treasure drawer.
They are kinda weird in that they dont split. They are a for sure ring with a split only at the base. How in the world do you get a scope in these?!?
I can see slipping the front one over a scope that has no objective bell but how do you get the rear one on ?!? They will make for a low mount for sure. I have a set of bases too but dont know what they are for.
E-Bay ha, Hmmmm!!!
BIC/BS

foxtrotter
02-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I have an old weaver K4 with those unsplit rings on it. I inherited the rfle with the scope mounted. It appears the scope end bells were removed to install the rings. I found some later rings that were split to put a new sealed scope on the rifle so now I just admire the machine work on those old rings. The split on the bottom allows you to move the scope around and then lock it tight when the base screws are tightened.

Newtire
02-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks guys for the info. The one ring that's on there is a split one so it will come apart veritically. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for another. In the meantime, I'll mount a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot using the one ring. I'm just glad to have finally found some way to mount a Red Dot without any machining or hole drilling.

Best part is that it is free since I have it already.

Bullshop
02-08-2010, 01:13 AM
I guess when those were made they weren't too worried about gas filled scopes then.

Mk42gunner
02-08-2010, 01:52 AM
My .30-06 built on a 98a Carbine action came with a Buehler base, one piece rings amd a K-4 Weaver. The rings that were on it had about .050" between the base and the scope tube and made Leupold super low rings look like see thru mounts.

The only problems I had with the Buehler system was that it had a long distance between the rings, a K-4 fit and so did a 4x Redfield, (barely).

Robert