PDA

View Full Version : Lee 90358 vs 90356

Wally
02-07-2010, 05:02 PM
In the .45 Colt which is the more accurate bullet--the Lee .45 Cal 255 RF or the .45 cal 252 SWC...was wondering if anybody has compared them in a Ruger Blackhawk. I just bought the 252 SWC--the mold works very nicely--bullets come out at .453" from WW metal...Look beautiful as well. Next month I hope to try them out. Hopefully I chose the better of the two molds.

Wally
02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
BTW I did use the new Lee .45 Cal 252 SWC bullet mold. It was a joy to use. I merely cleaned it with Gumout and then greased the alignment pins. The mold is quite light (compared to a steel/iron) mold and it did not take me long to make about 300 bullets. If the sprue plate started to show lead smearing, I wiped it off with a cotton rag and cooled it a bit with a water soaked cotton cloth. I then inspected the cast bullets and rejected a few; the rejects had dimples or holes in their bases. I then sized & lubed them to .452"...all looked quite beautiful nealy stacked in an used carboard candy box... I just hope my Ruger BH will shoot them accurately.

I use RCBS & Lyman molds---but I really enjoy usng a Lee mold...they were the first ones I used back in the 70's and it is a bit nostalgic to be using them in 2010.