PDA

View Full Version : Got a questions about NEF barrels

Bullshop Junior
02-07-2010, 01:23 AM
When you send one off to get a new barrel installed, what is the total with all of the fees?

leadman
02-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Did you check their website? IIRC it was on their, but have not checked since Remington bought them.

did you check www.GreybeardOutdoors.com for a barrel? from what I understand it is not that difficult to fit these.
If you go to Mike Bellm website he has articles there on how to check headspace on brek action guns, particularly the T/Cs. Same principle applies to the h&r/NEF guns.

NHlever
02-07-2010, 11:28 AM
I think it's running in the ball park of $150.00 now, maybe a bit more, or less.

pietro
02-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Check their website first, with the SN of your gun handy - Not all guns are suitable for extra barrels at all, and some only for shot barrels.

Bullshop Junior
02-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Mine is good for any barrel.

OldBob
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
You can usually pick up used barrels on Graybeards site for $80 to $120 , depending on caliber. Fitting them to your action is not a tough job and all the info you need to do it is on Graybeards also. I may have just been lucky, but of the 8 or 10 barrels I have tried on my frames, I have only had to shim 2 and even then it was no big deal. Three of my 6 frames are identical size, 1 in only about .001 different, the last one requires a .002 shim to fit a "standard" barrel.

Tom_et
02-10-2010, 12:40 AM
You can usually pick up used barrels on Graybeards site for $80 to $120 , depending on caliber. Fitting them to your action is not a tough job and all the info you need to do it is on Graybeards also. I may have just been lucky, but of the 8 or 10 barrels I have tried on my frames, I have only had to shim 2 and even then it was no big deal. Three of my 6 frames are identical size, 1 in only about .001 different, the last one requires a .002 shim to fit a "standard" barrel.

I'm new here but not over there
The above post is right on Tim /Quicktdo can get you or anyone into and out of any situation with a HR or Nef

I think helps the Factory workout Kinks :smile:

Tommyt
I mean Tom_et

used to signing my other name

crazy mark
02-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I did a 44 mag and 45 barrel for about $230 total. Sent them both in at the same time.

OBXPilgrim
02-10-2010, 08:47 AM
June '08-Nov'08, I got 3 barrels on one frame, it came out to $120 each, but they wanted to tag on an extra $20 each for proof testing - something H&R had already been doing. I told them to send it all back without the new barrels & they dropped the extra fee.

It was the first group of rifles being fitted by Remington at Illion, NY after they bought out H&R and moved the manufacturing site. I was trying to get my receiver to H&R before they moved it all - didn't work.

It would have been horrible to have to pay the extra $60, because they really messed up fitting the barrels - too little latch shelf engagement, only touching on one side of the latch. Took a few days to fit their mess. I'm sure they've gotten better, but that was a mess.