PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Gun Show

Butler Ford
02-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Haven't gotten to go to a gun show in a long while, they seem to have them the second weekend of the month around here and that's my weekend to work, so was pleased that they finally had one on another weekend.
Prices seem to be keeping up with everything else right now, very high! Quality of what's available is down and prices are up. Seems everyone is pulling out all that old stuff that two years ago was considered junk and putting premium prices on them. I don't think I've seen that many AK's, SKS's and Hugo's in one place and time before and that's the better stuff!!! FIE imports, Raven's and a bunch of other stuff I've never heard of. Much like the 1000 small pistol primers I picked up...Russian @ $34 and $119 for 9 lbs of WC-846! I feel SO VIOLATED!! :groner:
I still enjoyed the trip, made me realize the my stock and stores aren't that bad after all.
On the way home I stopped at one of the favored Hunting/Fishing stores and picked up a 336 30-30 with a Tasco scope and those abominable see-through mounts. (They'll probably be on the Trade Forum soon). I considered it to be an acceptable price for a lightly used levergun. It also made my mind up for me as to what mold for the Group Buy from Veral. Now I need to go search threads for cast and microgrove and WC 846.
The best part is that the wife didn't even fuss!! I think I'll keep her.

BF

EDIT to ADD:
If anyone knows of any threads about Cast Boolets/ Microgrove Barrels and WC 846, I'd appreciate it if you'd pass them along. This if my first time use of this powder.

kywoodwrkr
02-06-2010, 02:01 PM
BF,
Where was the show?

Butler Ford
02-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Somerset at the Center for Rural Development. They usually have as good a show as Lex and Louisville, just a little smaller.