PDA

View Full Version : Gunwritters and gunmagazines

NucEm
06-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Isnt nice to spend a few buks and buy a gun magazine and open it up and read, to learn about new wonderfull things, new guns and new cartridges.... Just a week ago, i did just that and in there ( a swedish gunmag) i could read about a Custom made revolver, 10 inch barrel chambered for the 500 S&W cartridge. A very nice looking gun and the article was full of pics, big multicolor ones. That revolver would cost me about 4500 Euro , in the vicinity of about 6000 dollars. The Gunwritter also tested the gun with both factory and handloads, ctc from 25 meters benchrest about 2 to 3 inches. No, its not wrongtypped, it inches not centimeters:( The gun also weighted almost two kilo:(
3 pages in that magazin about that crappy but very shiny and "handmade in Germany" handgun! If i had the money i would rather spend them on a custom made slingshot and the rest in lead so i could cast millions of ammo for it:castmine:
The word "Custom" and "Handmade" isnt nowdays what it used to be:(

454PB
06-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Was this made by Korth?

NucEm
06-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Nope, if it was the quality would have been just as good as it looked:roll:
But some parts in it like the cylinder latch is a copy of Korth. The name of the custom gunmaker is JANZ-Präzisionstechnik , JLT. He has borrow some typical Korth stuff in his guns but forgott to include some accuracy in them too:-?
I read a story about a 45 ACP revolver long ago from JD Jones, the gun after it went twice to the factory still couldnt perform for anything exept as a handle for the rope to a boat anchor.[smilie=1: This Janz revolver is then the luxury variation of a small boat anchor:Fire:
Never been intersted in the looks of the guns but its sure nice to have one that looks pretty but if they dont perform....
I made me a reamer long ago and used it too chamber a rusty m96 so i could shoot and fireform cases in it. No rifling, just 5 inches of a smooth barrel in .284 and it gave me better accuracy on 25 meters with a cast bullet (7 mm TCU). I even fired .223 ammo in it and out came a 7TCU case and the 224 bullet grouped in about 2-3 inches from 25 meters. A .224 bullet in a smooth barrel for .284 caliber. And this Janz guy wants 6000 $ for a gun that cant group better than 2-3 inches:coffee:

Dale53
06-11-2006, 12:34 PM
The 500 S&W is a rather formidable caliber. Maybe the author isn't much of a shooter? Could happen...

Dale53