PDA

View Full Version : Finn M 39 sporter???

castalott
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I have a like new Finn M39 barreled action and I wonder IF any of you have ever put a Boyds stock on one of these? Free floated? Glass bedded? How did it shoot? Do I need a military stock to get it to shoot well? Did you bed the action and the barrel? Tell me your stories....Give me your ideas....

Thanks in advance....Dale

mike in co
02-05-2010, 11:58 PM
shot gun news ran a full sporter conversion.

so it can be done, and its a good action/caliber.....

mike in co

Frank46
02-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Dale, well I have a model 27 that was reworked by the Finns. Shoots real nice with the load I worked up. On some of the older finnish rifles you will find a set of shims under the front receiver ring. Sort of bedding. These rifles can shoot and mine is in its origional stock. But I digress, some of the shooters on surplusrifle.com have taken the moisin to a whole new level. Special scope mounts, pillar bedding, reworked triggers and new lothar walther barrels. Shoots as good as any sniper rifle
made today. It all boils down on how much you're willing to lay down to get where you want to be. Frank

castalott
02-06-2010, 06:20 AM
How you doing? Are you recovered from that big storm?

Frank46
02-07-2010, 01:26 AM
Funny you should ask. This winter here has been a wet one for sure. Right now the folks up north are getting plenty white stuff. I'll take rain over snow any day. Frank

KCSO
02-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Back when Finn's were not that expensive i put one into a plastic stock for a customer. Turned down the bolt handle, mounted a scope and boy was that a shooter. The largest groups fired with surplus ammo were 1 1/2" at 100 yards and select handloads were under and inch.