PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my casting equipment...

AKsoldier
02-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Well, I'm stuck at Manas airbase, en route from Afghanistan to home. It seems a little snow stops the rotation of the earth here. :veryconfu My wife told me our tax return came in though, so I decided to get online and order some boolit casting equipment. Total expenditure at Midway was just over $200 and that included three molds, dipper, gas checks, Lee melter and a set of carbide loading dies for the S&W 460. Not bad!

John Z Sr - A big THANK YOU for the lead! My wife told me it arrived. Now if the snow would stop so I could get home and start learning to cast....:cbpour:

OldBob
02-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Welcome home and thank you for your service ! Enjoy the boolit making.

AKsoldier
02-05-2010, 06:05 AM
Thanks Bob!

mcdonl
02-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Hey thanks for your service and travel safe.

Yeah, getting sick of the cold weather myself!!

Village Idiot
02-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Hope the weather cooperates so you can get your butt home. I humbly thank & and your family for your service. Enjoy your new addiction!!!

birddog1520
02-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Another thank you for your service and God's speed to you getting home.

Randy, The Birddog.

qajaq59
02-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks for serving Bob and you'll have a ball casting and shooting your own.

gray wolf
02-05-2010, 09:10 AM
thank you for your service and God's speed to you getting home.
Many of us Ex Military here, we are glad to have you.
If you get time tell us how you plan on starting with your new equipment.

johnvid
02-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Thank you for your service, and welcome home.

exile
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks for your service, enjoy your homecoming and your .460.

TDB9901
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Welcome home, happy casting, and add my Thanks to all the others for your service to our country.

02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
AKsoldier,

Thanks for your service and hope you make it home safely.

Man, when I was in a war zone the only means of communication was a not too often enough letter. How times change.

AKsoldier
02-06-2010, 02:48 AM
thank you for your service and God's speed to you getting home.
Many of us Ex Military here, we are glad to have you.
If you get time tell us how you plan on starting with your new equipment.

Thanks everyone! Looks like we may make it out of here tomorrow morning, but further delays are likely based on what I've been reading about record-breaking storms all along our route. :?

Oh, well. As for getting started casting - I believe I have ordered just about everything I need to get started. I'm going to begin with some boolits for my 45 ACP, since I won't have to worry about making the alloy very hard and it's a pretty simple boolit design. (Lee's 228 gr. mold) I've got a couple of books at home I'll read and of course this site. I'm going to start small scale and work on getting good, useable boolits before I start buying much more equipment. I'm looking forward to getting started though!

Daddyfixit
02-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Stand Tall Young Man! And many thanks!
Enjoy the sport....You will all to soon want a bottom pour!!!:wink:

Oh, well. As for getting started casting - I believe I have ordered just about everything I need to get started. I'm going to begin with some boolits for my 45 ACP, since I won't have to worry about making the alloy very hard and it's a pretty simple boolit design. (Lee's 228 gr. mold) I've got a couple of books at home I'll read and of course this site. I'm going to start small scale and work on getting good, useable boolits before I start buying much more equipment. I'm looking forward to getting started though![/QUOTE]

cbrick
02-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Well, I'm stuck at Manas airbase, en route from Afghanistan to home.

Now that just plain ain't right! Well, just think how much worse it would be if it weren't for global warming. [smilie=1:

Welcome almost back and thank you for your service to our security and the American way.

Rick

Village Idiot
02-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Hopefully this global warming lets up so you can get your butt home. Its a real bummer that after your service mother nature has to keep you from you family and freinds, thats just not right! You have my thoughts, prayers, and humble thanks. I hope for a speedy lift home for you.

Village idiot

Screwbolts
02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
And another "Thank you for serving"

AK, Take a look at the group buy section of this forum, you will be able to find some really good buys on molds there. The Venders section has several forum supporting mold makers in it also.

Ken

Phat Man Mike
02-07-2010, 01:36 AM
get home safe and thanks for your service to our country!!!! enjoy yourself and relax a bit and chase your self to sleep first! :)

Recluse
02-07-2010, 02:07 AM
Man, when I was in a war zone the only means of communication was a not too often enough letter. How times change.

And even worse, was trying to get a letter sent out. . .

AKsoldier, add my thanks, respect and appreciation for your service to this nation. My prayers are with you and your wife for your safe return home.

:coffee:

WHITETAIL
02-07-2010, 09:02 AM
:drinks:AKslodier, THANK YOU! and may GOD bless.[smilie=s:

AKsoldier
02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm back! We just landed at Elmendorf AFB this morning at about 7:30. Man it's good to be home![smilie=w:

cbrick
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
This ain't called Super Sunday for nuthin. :grin:

Great to have you home safe.

Rick

GLL
02-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Welcome home AK ! :)

Jerry

Village Idiot
02-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Welocme back AK, glad your back on this side of the pond!!

V.I.

AKsoldier
02-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks gents! Looks like I'll have to call Midway - seems there was a problem with shipping my order. Probably something in there can't be shipped to AK conventionally. I've run into that before. I'll probably have to omit something from the order and find it locally.