PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs service

Little Jim
02-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I like RCBS, just got off the phone with them to order parts for my press. This is the fourth or fith time I have called them for parts over the last 30 years. And every time they send them out NO CHARGE. They are great to deal with!![smilie=s:
little Jim

RobS
02-04-2010, 01:04 PM
RCBS has always been good to me as well and Lee as yet to turn me away either. I have Lyman products, but never had any issues with them so I can't comment on their services.

Shooter6br
02-04-2010, 01:33 PM
RCBS is great for service. i have broken the primer attachment to my Turret press twice( Actually my wife and son did it ,but nobody remembers doing it) I called RCBS told them it was broken buy someone in my family. I was willing to pay for the part. They said "No we will replaced it" That is service hard to beat!!! Rick

twotrees
02-04-2010, 09:15 PM
The plastic "nut" on the hammer type bullet puller. Looked on the RCBS web site and couldn't find a replacement. Waited 10 Min on the phone and "Jim" said "We'll send you one out, No Charge, life time warranty"

This unit has to be at least 25 years old, but there you go, best Bang for the buck in reloading.

Happy Camper, here.

Casting Timmy
02-04-2010, 10:03 PM
They've always been good to me too. I email and ask for a part number and pricing and they just reply it's coming.

cheese1566
02-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Yep, above and beyond!!!

After conversing with the same tech a few times, we struck a small friendship. We frequently trade email jokes with each other.

Even after that, I asked specifically to order some small parts and useable goods for my equipment. Even wrote the CC info in the order. Would not accept any payment. These were for spare parts that were not even missing or broken yet!

Good stuff!!!

TNsailorman
02-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I have tried several times to pay for items that were broken or bent due to my own fault--no go. They insist on sending them free on the lifetime warranty. Great folks to deal with.

longranger
02-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Wish my experience with RCBS was as good as you guys.
Bought a set of .38 S&W "cowboy" dies. They resize the brass @.377" should be .384-5,Expander is labeled .361 it is .357,RCBS sent another expander marked .361 it also was .357.
Have called them 3 times,I was told to provide them with 5 spent cartridges and a note of the problems with the dies.They were to send a UPS return label last week,still waiting for that return label.
It has taught me to measure my brass before and after resizing with new dies and know exactly what the die is doing.
It seems RCBS is great with small parts but pretty much suck with what I would call a major issue in my manufacturing. I am a bit surprised by their lack of importance on issue like this.But I am just one guy with a set of bunk RCBS dies, many more happy campers than not I suppose.

chris112
02-06-2010, 12:05 AM
The ONE time I had to call RCBS customer service it concerned a second hand die I had purchased. Figured there would be no problem about the missing lock ring, just call and buy one. WRONG. They wouldn't sell it to me, insisted on sending it for free. Can't beat customer service like that.

Dannix
02-06-2010, 01:02 AM
I only have a Uniflow right now, and yet to get it dirty. But I couldn't help but notice that some of their products, like their rotary tumbler and lead pots, were really expensive. I guess you pay now or pay later.

Willbird
02-06-2010, 01:19 AM
I only have a Uniflow right now, and yet to get it dirty. But I couldn't help but notice that some of their products, like their rotary tumbler and lead pots, were really expensive. I guess you pay now or pay later.

Honestly the Promelt is not terribly more expensive than any other pot made by a major mfg (not talking LEE here). I went back and forth between Lyman and RCBS and settled on the rcbs....I do not recall the lyman being a lot cheaper.

209jones
02-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Knocked a first version Lyman electronic scale off the bench in the late 80's, called them to see if thay had any kind of repair service avail, it was out of Warr. He says "not at the moment, we are working on that idea though, just had a discussion about creating a program for that, send it in and we'll see what we can do with it". Two wks later, new one arrives in the mail----N/C. Just got some Kershaw handles, from a call about a unit that the blade lock spread on, blade popped out while skinning a deer. They sent 3 handles, N/C.

Rmfcasey
02-28-2010, 08:55 AM
I agree, great service. I bought a 7.62x39 die set used. It was missing the .311 expander ball. They sent me a complete decapping assembly!
Rmfcasey