PDA

View Full Version : Browning B-78 ring heights?

mcshot
02-04-2010, 12:30 AM
My Browning B78 in 6mm came with different height rings that appear to cant the scope upward. Although I eventually got the scope adjusted it didn't seem right. I was convinced the rings were wrong and tried levels and different ring combinations. I don't know if the rings are the original or Browning. The best set up seems to be a front high and back medium extension rings. Since I've reached sensory overload and put the gun away I thought I'd ask if someone knew if ring heights vary using Browning mounts. I've search the "net" without luck so I came to the answer forum.
Thanks,
Mc:coffeecom

Dennis Eugene
02-04-2010, 02:03 AM
OK you did jog my memory but I still had to go get my B78 and look. if you look close back on the receiver just in front of the falling block the ring mounts higher than the spot where the forward ring mounts on the barrel. So on mine the forward ring is indeed taller than the back ring. How ever my rifle sports the octagonal barrel and as they say your mileage may vary. Dennis PS if you need I can get pics of this just say the word and I'll do it tomorrow after work .