PDA

View Full Version : How to post pictures

BSkerj
01-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey guys, I am trying to post a attached picture. I looked under the stickies and found Buckshots instructions but after I hit the "browse" button I cannot find the submit button he talks about. When I try and upload photo it says"please wait while uploading" then states that upload failed..any help would be appreciated..Thanks in advance!

Buckshot
01-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Hey guys, I am trying to post a attached picture. I looked under the stickies and found Buckshots instructions but after I hit the "browse" button I cannot find the submit button he talks about. When I try and upload photo it says"please wait while uploading" then states that upload failed..any help would be appreciated..Thanks in advance!

Folder info I give below will depend (I'm sure) on your operating system. Mine is Windows Vista, so that's the example I'll use. This also assuming the picture is stored on your hard drive and not on a picture hosting site on the internet.

After clicking on the "Manage Attachments" button below your post a window will open:

1) Click "Browse"
2) Another window will open showing various folders, eg: Owner, public, etc.

My pictures on my hard drive are oddly enough in the 'pictures' folder which is in the "Owner" folder.

3) Click on "Owner".
4) All files within "Owner" will open. Documents, Pictures, Contacts, Desktop, etc.
5) Since the picture I want is in the Pictures folder Click on "Pictures".
6) The "Pictures" folder opens and displays all pictures in that folder.
7) Now click on the picture you want and then click on "OPEN".
8) Once you click on open, that window disappears and you're back to the "Manage Attachments" window, which now displays the address for the picture you selected.
9) Just to the Right of the "Browse" button is the "UPLOAD" button. You click on that.

Your failure to upload messages may have to do with the size of the photo, if you followed the above instructions.

..............Buckshot

snake river marksman
01-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Picture test

BSkerj
01-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks Buckshot! One question though....some pictures are to large to post..how do you make them smaller? Sorry to be a pain !

Cadillo
01-31-2010, 04:08 PM
One of My M1's.

Cadillo
01-31-2010, 04:21 PM
Axel the Wonder Dog, aka "Shredder".

Buckshot
02-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Thanks Buckshot! One question though....some pictures are to large to post..how do you make them smaller? Sorry to be a pain !

.............Without a photo program to alter their size I'm afraid I'm lost as to the answer to that.

Nice photo's you guys!

.............Buckshot

Archer
02-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Buckshot,
I'm having the problem that when I click on
Manage Attchments, I get a "POP" then error on page.
I went and turned off the pop up blocker, and it does
the same thing. And, I down size my pictures, so there
not to big also. I don't have any problems posting
pictures on any oother sites, just this one. My pictures
are also on my hard drive. I have windows XP.
Any ideas?

AZ-Stew
02-02-2010, 02:43 AM

Read this post and the links. Pretty much covers it all. Ignore the first paragraph.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showpost.php?p=781384&postcount=20

Regards,

Stew

yondering
02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
OK, similar question: I've uploaded and posted a few pictures in one thread, but when I wanted to post those same pictures in another thread, they don't show up in the "manage attachments" window. The window shows "Sum of all attachments owned by yondering: 172.9 KB" but I can't access those attachments to post them again, or delete them if I wanted to.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Buckshot
02-03-2010, 02:44 AM
OK, similar question: I've uploaded and posted a few pictures in one thread, but when I wanted to post those same pictures in another thread, they don't show up in the "manage attachments" window. The window shows "Sum of all attachments owned by yondering: 172.9 KB" but I can't access those attachments to post them again, or delete them if I wanted to.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

.........I think they're just a list of what you've uploaded and aren't themselves avilable as 'uploads'.

..............Buckshot

Greg in Malad
02-03-2010, 02:45 AM
BSKerj,
Photobucket is one way to resize photos. Once you figure it out, it works fine. I tried shutterfly and couldn't make it work at all.

Bullshop Junior
02-03-2010, 03:46 AM
BSKerj,
Photobucket is one way to resize photos. Once you figure it out, it works fine. I tried shutterfly and couldn't make it work at all.
+1 on photobucket.