PDA

View Full Version : A new old guy sez hey!

Lotec
01-31-2010, 12:55 AM
I've been watching and thinking about what has been going on in this site for some time now. I must admit that there is a different attitude here about the potential and use of what I consider classic American fire arms. It seems that we'll be, for the most part, in close agreement. It's the journey to obtain the exceptional results of rolling your own that has intrigued for many years now. The inventiveness of the individuals in this group surely goes to show that America still has people that have more between their ears than just space for rent. I hope that I can add constructively to this fine forum.

Buckshot
01-31-2010, 01:01 AM
...............You'll be more then welcome too! It's a fine place as a matter of fact. Not perfect, but then that would be so boring, eh? I'm reminded of an embroidered deal my mom had framed on the wall of the kitchen. it said" This home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy".

............Buckshot

cbrick
01-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Welcome to Castboolits Lotec,

A great group of folks here with a vast combined experience in cast boolits, no doubt you'll fit right in.

Rick

Recluse
01-31-2010, 01:48 AM
It's the journey to obtain the exceptional results of rolling your own that has intrigued for many years now.

I've been on that journey solo for just over thirty years now, another ten before that with my daddy, and about the only factory ammo you'll ever see me shoot is .22LR and the occasional shotgun shell.

The inventiveness of the individuals in this group surely goes to show that American still has people that have more between their ears than just space for rent.

Nah, it ain't that we're that smart, it's just that we are that stingy with a buck. :)

Welcome.

:coffee:

RobS
01-31-2010, 03:35 AM
Lotec:
Welcome aboard..............lots of great people on this forum and as you have already discovered many people here are capable of practical ability and as Recluse mentioned many of us take this practical ability and squeeze it a bit more and find ourselves involved in resourceful ways to our shooting needs and resourceful ways to improve our lives in general. Enjoy the forum!!

Rob

runfiveswife
01-31-2010, 11:40 AM
welcome to the forum

Wayne Smith
01-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome to our chaos! Not only do we have a lot of fun, we tend to both learn and teach one another. I suspect you will fit right in.

beagle
01-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the forum. Many nice folks here but many are hardheaded and don't know the word, "Can't". As a result, many new ideas and procedures have come out of their resourcefulness over the years. Jump right on in and put your ideas in, learn from others and let's all further the hobby of bullet casting and shooting and enjoy each other's company while we do./beagle

cobbmtmac
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Lotec,

I want to also add my welcome. It's a wonderful group. The knowledge here has certainly helped me. I know you "can add constructively to this fine forum".

Echo
01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Welcome, Lotec, to the best forum on the net. No flames, polite (if sometimes warped) sensabilities, and the seat of all knowledge re galena and it's output and uses thereof.

Blacksmith
01-31-2010, 09:28 PM
Welcome aboard Lotec
Your Knowledge and wisdom will only add to the greatest acumulation of information about everything.

Blacksmith

docone31
01-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Old school is good school.

Doc Highwall
01-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Welcome aboard, remember the only dumb question is the one not asked. We are all learning and sharing here.

Lotec
02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I thank all of you for the warm welcome!
docone31 got it right...
Old School "IS" Good School.
I've been active with rolling my own (including casting) since the early 60s. No choice. Store bought just cost too much.
BTW, I'm always open to NEW and BETTER ways. That's why I'm here!
Lotec, Keeping it simple is hard.

Bad Water Bill
02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Just to keep you from feeling to old remember there is one member here that started casting the year before I was born (1936) And no his name is not Donaldson but someone here will know just what it is.

By the way WELCOME ABOARD[smilie=w:

leadman
02-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Surely that person that started casting in 1936 has shortened his life by doing so !?

At least that is what the enviro people would say.

gray wolf
02-01-2010, 11:38 PM
hello and welcome to the forum