PDA

View Full Version : CD Demise

PatMarlin
01-30-2010, 03:23 PM
http://www.charlesdaly.com/

Never owned one, but sheesh... bad time to go under. RIP KBI.

shootinxd
01-30-2010, 09:30 PM
I know all will say a prayer in support of all effected by this.May God Bless

Ed Barrett
01-30-2010, 10:38 PM
First over under shot gun I ever shot was a barrowed Charles Daly. Sorry to hear that.

dragonrider
01-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I have a Charles Daly O/U, it's been a safe queen for some years now. It was made my Miroku. Nice gun.

McKee Boykin
01-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Damn, I guess my CD 1911 just went up in value.[smilie=w:

357maximum
01-31-2010, 12:11 AM
I have a Charles Daly O/U, it's been a safe queen for some years now. It was made my Miroku. Nice gun.

I have a 12 that I had colonial arms thinwall titanium skeet choke tubes installed in. That toy is an extension of my arm...I just reach up and break things with it. If you ever tried to take it from me you would have a very bad day.:evil: It is my pheasant/ claysports toy.

geargnasher
01-31-2010, 05:03 AM
Wow. Guess I'll never get one of those "Little Sharps" in .45 Colt now. Hard to believe a gun distributor like that could go under at a time like now when guns are in really high demand.

Anybody know what happened?

Gear

longhorn
01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
I don't know about the current 1911 pattern autos, but "Charles Daly" is a name, never a manufacturer. (Unless the 1911's were different, and I doubt it-) The CD brand name has been in use since at least the 1870's, but the guns have been always been contract manufactured, by a variety of English, Belgian, French, and Japanese (and probably other) manufacturers. If there's a market for CD 1911's and CD Little Sharps, they'll be back. And somebody will buy the name, just like they always do-

geargnasher
01-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't know about the current 1911 pattern autos, but "Charles Daly" is a name, never a manufacturer. (Unless the 1911's were different, and I doubt it-) The CD brand name has been in use since at least the 1870's, but the guns have been always been contract manufactured, by a variety of English, Belgian, French, and Japanese (and probably other) manufacturers. If there's a market for CD 1911's and CD Little Sharps, they'll be back. And somebody will buy the name, just like they always do-

I know, that's why I said "distributer". Just that due to all the import red tape it's not worth it in many cases for the foreign manufacturers to get their stuff on the market here without a company like CD to wholesale contract with them. It may be a while before those guns filter in through other suppliers.

Gear

MtGun44
01-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Don't know how big a deal it was for them, but Remington cut them out of the 98 Mauser
business a couple of years ago. Can't have helped.

Bill