PDA

View Full Version : A little help from down under

madsenshooter
01-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I wonder if any of our mates from the other side of the world can help identify the maker of a really nice quality set of rings I just got off ebay for $9.99. They're steel, and just the height I needed to mount a scope on my clamp on mount equipped K31. As you can see, they are marked Australia, and I thought I'd see if I could find the company. I can get rid of those el cheapo alloy rings that were shifting around on my last range trip now. I had some steel Redfields, but they weren't high enough for the scope I wish to use. Let's see, am I in the right forum, ok, they're going on a military gun that I shoot cast boolits in, close enough!

doubs43
01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Some 15 years or so back I bought a #4 BRNO .22 target rifle. It has a 16mm dovetailed rail and the rings you bought appear to be made by the same people who made the rings I bought for my BRNO. However, as I recall, there wasn't an actual maker's name on them or the box they came in. I believe they were imported and sold as generic rings. The quality of mine is excellent.

PAT303
01-30-2010, 07:39 PM
They look like Lynx rings.Lynx made rings and mounts for just about every rifle made. Pat

madsenshooter
01-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Thank fellows. I think you be right, went to Lynx's website and took a look, these have holes in the bottom for a pressed in recoil pin like they show. Looking around more, I saw prices from $24 to $60, so I got a deal. BRNO was one of many rifles they make mounts & rings for.